Boldface Group, Inc. has entered into a licensing agreement with Pretty Ugly, LLC, creator of the popular Uglydoll brand, to expand the category of beauty and personal care line of products. Boldface intends to build a range of products and accessori… Read More »
• Minnesota’s legislature is working to ban formaldehyde from children’s personal care products like lotions, shampoos, and bubble baths. The ban against the use of formaldehyde and formaldehyde-releasing preservatives would apply to… Read More »
• GERMANY: Beiersdorf’s new method of skin analysis, called Maldi Imaging, combines chemical, physical and image analysis techniques to yield new information about skin biology.
“With Maldi Imaging hundreds of the substances that ma… Read More »
• VIETNAM: Amway is investing $20 million to build a second manufacturing plant in Vietnam. Scheduled for completion in 2015, the new facility in Binh Duong will produce the company’s Nutrilite vitamin, mineral and dietary supplements as w… Read More »
• According a new ranking of the most popular global FMCG brands by Kantar Worldpanel, Colgate reaches more than half of the global population (65% penetration) with its oral care products.
Kantar Worldpanel’s new Brand Footprint Ranking… Read More »
According to NPD Group, color
is the main factor influencing
• According to global information provider The NPD Group’s March 2013 Nail Care and Polish Consumer Report, more than half of women (age 18+) have purchased… Read More »
• The US cosmetics and toiletries market continues to perform well, posting 3.4% growth in 2012, with sales signifying success for both key and niche industry players, according to recently published Cosmetics & Toiletries USA report from Kl… Read More »
There are nearly 150,000 different known species of mushrooms in the world. Some of the most popular are shiitake, reishi, maitaki, enoki, oyster, lion’s mane, hericium erinaceous, coriolus versicolor, cordyceps, cloud, chager, cremini, astraga… Read More »
The European body care market has posted only modest value growth of 7% during the past five years, topping $4.8 billion in 2012, according to the latest Datamonitor research. A major reason is that most women do not consider body care as a “mu… Read More »
Like species, companies, industries and trade associations must evolve or die. At its Mid-Year Meeting, the Consumer Specialty Products Association provides details on how it is changing to meet its members’ needs. Read More »
During the past 15 years, Brazil’s personal hygiene, perfumery and cosmetics sector sextupled to R$34 billion ($16.8 billion). In that time, Brazil became the world’s No. 1 market in fragrance, deodorant and children’s toiletries; t… Read More »
• DianaPlantSciences, an innovative player in concentrated actives production through plant cell culture dedicated to cosmetic, nutraceuticals and nutrition, has signed an accord with Solabia in which it will supply the firm with a novel bilberr… Read More »
• Perfumania Holdings Inc.: appointed Donald J. Loftus as president of Parlux Ltd. and executive vice president of Perfumania Inc., effective immediately. Most recently, Loftus was the North American president and CEO of P&G Prestige, a posi… Read More »
• From environmental factors to aggressive hair dyes to unsuitable hair treatments, the scalp is subjected to multiple daily stresses that lead to chronic irritation. Targeting these issues, Silab rolled out Capicalm (INCI: Water and butylene gl… Read More »
• US Reps. Edward J. Markey (D-MA) and Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) reintroduced the Safe Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Act, which, they maintain, closes major loopholes in the federal law that allows companies to use ingredients in cosmetics an… Read More »
• BareMinerals has kicked off its nationwide “Go Bare” tour with a pop-up boutique-meets-lounge and a traveling team of complexion experts. The pop-up boutique mimics the brand’s new retail footprint.
According to the compa… Read More »
• US Patent No. 8,394,394 B2; Mousse formulations have been patented by L’Oréal France.
The cosmetic base is comprised of an anhydrous mixture of an effective amount of at least one first non-emulsifying, gellable silicone elastome… Read More »