• The Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SCC) and the Committee on Scientific Affairs (COSA) has announced the program for the 2012 Annual Meeting and Technology Showcase, which will be held on Dec. 6-7 at its traditional venue, the New York Hilt… Read More »
• Physicians Formula Holdings, Inc. and Swander Pace Capital have entered into a definitive merger agreement under which affiliates of Swander Pace will acquire Physicians Formula, the maker of a range of skin care products.
Under the terms… Read More »
• Nspa, a line of personal care created by Nirvana Spa, selected M&H Plastics for the re-packaging of its mouth-watering Nspa Fruit collection of skin care products. The company said it selected M&H because the firm had the capability… Read More »
• Frederick’s of Hollywood is linking with supermodel Beverly Johnson to introduce The Beverly Johnson Luxurious Lifestyle Brand to Frederick’s customers. The collaboration began online at www.fredericks.com on Aug. 1 and starts… Read More »
• The Personal Care Product Council (PCPC) 2012 Science Symposium will be held Oct. 3-4 at the Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott, Newark, NJ. The symposium will include a Safety Workshop, which will focus on “Current Issues i… Read More »
• CHINA: The high profile of product safety scandals in China continues to dent consumers’ confidence and loyalty in the hair care realm, as the market is repeatedly associated with chemical ingredients that are found to be toxic or carc… Read More »
• SOUTH KOREA: Coty Inc. and LG Household & Health Care have created Coty Korea, a joint venture established to expand the presence of both companies in the Korean cosmetics market.
According to Coty, the partnership marks an important… Read More »
CHINA: The high profile of product safety scandals in China continues to dent consumers’ confidence and loyalty in the hair care realm, as the market is repeatedly associated with chemical ingredients that are found to be toxic or carcinogenic.… Read More »
• Only 26% of parents say they are shopping wherever the best back-to-school (BTS) promotions are offered, according to WSL/Strategic Retail’sBack-to-School 2012 How America Shopstrend report, which tracked what stores and categories p… Read More »
• The US demand for cosmetic and toiletry chemicals is forecasted to rise 5% a year to $9.9 billion in 2016, according to a report available from Reportlinker.com.
Greater consumer spending on cosmetic and toiletry products, as well as tr… Read More »
• Packaged Facts estimates that antioxidant-featuring foods, beverages, supplements, and personal care/cosmetics totaled $65 billion in US retail sales in 2011, up 9% over 2010. By 2016, the market is projected to approach $86 billion—… Read More »
Packaged Facts estimates that antioxidant-featuring foods, beverages, supplements, and personal care/cosmetics totaled $65 billion in US retail sales in 2011, up 9% over 2010. By 2016, the market is projected to approach $86 billion—and persona… Read More »
Last month Johnson & Johnson announced its move to reduce or eliminate a range of dubious ingredients from its product line by the end of 2015. The maker of Aveeno, Neutrogena and Johnson’s Baby Shampoo told the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics… Read More »
By Maria Fe Boo; Christina He; Eve De Maesschalck* and Marie Ollagnier**, Lubrizol Specialty Chemicals (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., *Lubrizol Advanced Materials BVBA (Louvain-la-Neuve), Belgium, ** Lubrizol Advanced Materials, France
Published August 31, 2012
The use of a polymeric emulsifier provides excellent emulsification Read More »
Sales: $784 million
Key Personnel: Yoshihiro Kaneda, group chairman; Hiroo Kaneda, group honorary chairman.
Major Products: Oral care products sold under the Gum and Butler brand names, and personal care products includ… Read More »
Sales: $793 million
Key Personnel: Mike Jatania, chief executive officer; Jon Osborne, chief operating officer; Aart Weijburg, non-executive director; Charles Hinkaty, non-executive director; Philip Smith, non-execu… Read More »
Sales: $1.3 billion
Key Personnel: Pierre Fabre, founder.
Major Products: Consumer and professional skin care and hair care products sold under brand names that include Avène, Ducray, A-Derma, Pierre Fabre Dermato… Read More »
Sales: $2.0 billion
Key Personnel: Satoshi Suzuki, president, Pola Orbis Holdings Inc. and chairman, Pola Inc.; Hiroki Suzuki, president, Pola Inc.; Tsuneo Machida, president, Orbis Inc.
Major Products: Beauty and skin… Read More »
Sales: $2.0 billion
Key Personnel: Magnus Brännström, chief executive officer and president; Jesper Martinsson, chief operating officer; Gabriel Bennet, chief financial officer.
Major Products: Skin care, color cosmet… Read More »
Sales: $2.1 billion
Key Personnel: Suk Cha, vice chairman and chief executive officer.
Major Products: Household—laundry and dishwashing detergents, fabric softener and kitchen cleaners. Personal care—toothpa… Read More »
Sales: $2.3 billion (estimated)
Major Products: Household care—Omino Bianco laundry care, WC Net bathroom cleaners, Carolin floor cleaners, SMAC metal and all-purpose cleaners, Overlay floor and surface cle… Read More »
Sales: $3.6 billion
Key Personnel: Masazumi Kikukawa, director, executive officer and executive general manager of health and home care products.
Major Products: Oral care, skin care, beauty products, toiletries, fabric care,… Read More »
Sales: $4.2 billion
Key Personnel: Bernard Arnault, chairman and chief executive officer; Antonio Belloni, group managing director; Pierre Godé, vice chairman; Nicolas Bazire, development and acquisitions; Ed Brennan, tra… Read More »
Sales: $10.0 billion
Key Personnel: Michitaka Sawada, president and chief executive officer; Hiroshi Kanda, president, consumer products; Tatsuo Takahashi, president and chief executive officer, Kao Customer Marketing Co., Ltd;… Read More »
Sales: $32.9 billion
Key Personnel: Paul Polman, chief executive officer; Doug Baillie, chief human resources officer; Geneviéve Berger, chief research and development officer; Jean-Marc Huët, chief finan… Read More »