• Betco Corporation debuted the newest addition to its Symplicity Laundry Program—Symplicity Built Detergent Ultra 225. According to the company, the product sets the latest standard in innovative cleaning technology by combining deterge… Read More »
• Method has launched a new dryer-activated fabric softener spray, which is billed as the first of its kind. The plant-based, ultra-concentrated formula has a custom-dosing format that delivers… Read More »
• Woolite took on New York Fashion Week with a pop-up shop in the SoHo section of New York City. The boutique, which opened Sept. 6, featured the latest fashions and following the brand’s campaign slogan—”WooliteWashed. Clo… Read More »
• US Patent No. 8,211,848 B2; Procter & Gamble has patented a liquid laundry detergent composition comprising at least 12 catalysts, wherein the ratio of the total reduction in activation energy in kilojoules per mole achieved by the catal… Read More »
• Nearly half of US consumers—about 88.2 million—will use online coupons and codes during 2012, according to a recent analysis done by eMarketer, and by the end of 2013, 96.8 million US adults will have used such discounts.… Read More »
Packaged Facts estimates that antioxidant-featuring foods, beverages, supplements, and personal care/cosmetics totaled $65 billion in US retail sales in 2011, up 9% over 2010. By 2016, the market is projected to approach $86 billion—and persona… Read More »
Sales: $1.2 billion
Key Personnel: Chris Bull, chief executive officer; Richard Armitage, finance director; Colin McIntyre, divisional managing director, UK; Andrea Barbier, divisional managing director, western con… Read More »
Sales: $2.1 billion
Key Personnel: Suk Cha, vice chairman and chief executive officer.
Major Products: Household—laundry and dishwashing detergents, fabric softener and kitchen cleaners. Personal care—toothpa… Read More »
Sales: $3.6 billion
Key Personnel: Masazumi Kikukawa, director, executive officer and executive general manager of health and home care products.
Major Products: Oral care, skin care, beauty products, toiletries, fabric care,… Read More »
Sales: $10.0 billion
Key Personnel: Michitaka Sawada, president and chief executive officer; Hiroshi Kanda, president, consumer products; Tatsuo Takahashi, president and chief executive officer, Kao Customer Marketing Co., Ltd;… Read More »
• The Consumer Specialty Products Association (CSPA) supports the recommendations set forth by the American Association of Poison Control Centers (AAPCC) regarding the importance of keeping laundry detergent products out of the reach of childr… Read More »
San Francisco, CA
Sales: $112 million (estimated).
Key Personnel: Drew Fraze, chief executive officer; Adam Lowry, co-founder and chief greenskeeper; Eric Ryan, co-founder and chief brand architect.
Major Products: L… Read More »
Sales: $2 billion.
Key Personnel: Jeffrey P. Ansell, chairman, president and chief executive officer; Al Drewes, executive vice president and chief financial officer; Perry Beadon, senior vice presiden… Read More »
Sales: $2.2 billion for household, personal care and oral care products.
Corporate sales: $2.7 billion. Net income: $310 million.
Key Personnel: James R. Craigie, chairman and chief executive officer;… Read More »
New York, NY
Sales: $14.5 billion for oral, personal and home care products.
Corporate sales: $16.7 billion. Net income: $2.4 billion.
Key Personnel: Ian Cook, chairman, president and chief executiv… Read More »
Sales: $68.7 billion (estimated for personal care, oral care and household care products).
Corporate sales: $82.6 billion. Net income: $11.7 billion, for the year ended June 30, 2011.
Key Personnel: Bob McDonal… Read More »
• Seventh Generation is celebrating the one-year anniversary of the USDA Certified Biobased label and certification of 13 of the company’s offerings—and to commemorate the event, the Burlington, VT-based company said all of its eli… Read More »