Sales: $2.3 billion for household, personal care and oral care products. Corporate sales: $2.9 billion. Net income: $350 million.
Key Personnel: James R. Craigie, chairman and chief executive officer.
Ma… Read More »
New York, NY
Sales: $14.9 billion for oral care, personal care and household care products. Corporate sales: $17.1 billion. Net income: $2.4 billion.
Key Personnel: Ian Cook, chairman, president and chief executive offi… Read More »
• Colgate-Palmolive’s first quarter sales rose 2.5% to $4.3 billion. Global unit volume grew 4.0%, pricing increased 1.5% and foreign exchange was negative 3.0%. Operating profit decreased 21% to $742 million in first quarter 2013. Colgate… Read More »
• According a new ranking of the most popular global FMCG brands by Kantar Worldpanel, Colgate reaches more than half of the global population (65% penetration) with its oral care products.
Kantar Worldpanel’s new Brand Footprint Ranking… Read More »
• Colgate-Palmolive Company posted a 2.5% increase in worldwide net sales to $4.3 billion in the fourth quarter 2012. Global unit volume grew 1.5%, pricing increased 2.5% and foreign exchange was negative 1.5%. Net income rose 6% to $671 milli… Read More »
• Colgate Total and Kelly Ripa have partnered to launch the brand’s new “You Can Do It” campaign, which is designed to encourage consumers to take control of their health and well-being, including proper oral hygiene. The accor… Read More »
• SAUDI ARABIA: Colgate-Palmolive Arabia has launched Optic White, a whitening toothpaste, throughout the Gulf region.
“As a global leader in oral care, Colgate-Palmolive continues to deliver solutions that help improve the oral heal… Read More »
• US Patent No. 8,337,818 B2; Colgate-Palmolive Company has patented a post-foaming oral care mousse that is comprised of a dentifrice composition that contains surfactant and a humectant and a compressed liquid propellant that has a boiling poi… Read More »
Glenn Corporation: welcomed Mohamed Omer as technical development manager. In this role, he will lead the strategic and tactical activities to foster pipeline growth by deploying new technologies while also serving as the technical liaison betwe… Read More »
Research Institute for Fragrance Materials, Inc. (RIFM): named Dr. David K. Wilcox, formerly Colgate-Palmolive’s VP, product safety, regulatory and quality, as president. He succeeds Dr. Ladd W. Smith, who retired at the end of May.
Wilcox rep… Read More »
• US Patent No. 8,067,351 B2; Colgate-Palmolive Company has been awarded a US patent for a composition comprising at least one indicator selected from litmus, sodium ascorbate and benzophenone-4.… Read More »
US Patent No. 8,084,050 B2; Colgate-Palmolive has patented a composition that is comprised of menthol, menthyl lactate, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride and propylene glycol. The ratio of menthol to menthyl lactate is 1:1 to 1:2.5.… Read More »
US Patent No. 8,128,911 B2; Colgate-Palmolive Company has patented a dentifrice composition which effects enhanced antiplaque and breath malodor reduction. It is comprised of an orally acceptably vehicle, silica abrasive, papain, a quaternary am… Read More »
US 8,211,452 B2; Colgate-Palmolive Company has patented a method for inhibiting or reducing the formation of plaque on an oral surface.
It entails contacting the oral surface with a composition that is comprised of an orally acceptable carrier and a… Read More »
FRANCE: L’Oréal has acquired French soap company Cadum, the majority of which was held by investment fund Milestone.
In 2011, Cadum achieved consolidated sales of approximately $74 million, $62 million of which come from France, ma… Read More »
INDIA: Colgate-Palmolive plans to expand capacity in India by opening its fifth production facility in the country with an investment of $20 million, according to a report posted on the Forbes.com website.
Colgate controls approximately half of… Read More »
Brazil is the No. 3 market for oral care products, trailing only the US and China, according to Euromonitor International. Last year, toothpaste sales rose 1.7% in value terms and 2.9% in volume terms. These gains were attributed to heated competitio… Read More »
Colgate-Palmolive has rolled out new 1D—aka pop group One Direction—themed oral care products available exclusively in the US. The products include 1D Colgate MaxFresh Power or manual toothbrushes and 1D Colgate MaxFresh toothpaste in… Read More »
One Direction will enter the fragrance scene with Olivann Beauty.
It appears that One Direction is going in many directions these days. The pop group, also known as 1D, has signed a license partnership with Olivann… Read More »
US Patent No. 8,247,362 B2; Colgate-Palmolive has patented an acidic surfactant-based cleaning composition comprising a surfactant combination, and 1 to 3% by weight of at least one organic acid. The surfactant combination consists of sodium dodecyl… Read More »
Food-to-Personal-Care Continuum Analyzed
Antioxidants are featured in a diversity of consumer packaged goods (CPGs)—from granola bars to vitamin shakes to detox skincare. According to a new report from New York, NY-based Packaged Facts, &ldquo… Read More »