• Got a great wipe? Nominate it—or your customers’ product—for a Visionary Innovation Award, which will be presented at INDA’s Vision Consumer Products Conference, to take place Jan. 29-31, 2013 at the Rosen Centre Hote… Read More »
• More than 900 fragrance industry professionals from 34 different countries convened during the 2012 World Perfumery Congress (WPC), held at the MGM Grand in Mashantucket, CT.
The event, which was held June 12-14, marked the first time th… Read More »
• Croda International Plc has completed the acquisition of IRB (Istituto di Ricerche Biotecnologiche SpA.), an Italian company that is a global leader in the emerging market of active ingredients obtained by plant stem cell culture.
Acco… Read More »
• TricorBraun has relaunched http://tricorbraun.com, a revised enhanced website that simplifiessearching among the company’s more than 35,000 rigid packaging products, according to the company.
RapidFind 2.0 offers a more intuitive… Read More »
• Frederick’s of Hollywood is linking with supermodel Beverly Johnson to introduce The Beverly Johnson Luxurious Lifestyle Brand to Frederick’s customers. The collaboration began online at www.fredericks.com on Aug. 1 and starts… Read More »
• GERMANY: Symrise AG has joined the United Nations Global Compact, the largest voluntary corporate responsibility initiative in the world. In doing so, the company commits itself to the goals of the compact: uniting entrepreneurial activity w… Read More »
• CHINA: CP Kelco has appointed Azelis as exclusive distributor in the People’s Republic of China and Hong Kong SAR, representing the entire product portfolio for food, beverage, consumer and industrial applications.
“China is a… Read More »
The Global Personal Care business of AkzoNobel Surface Chemistry: appointed Jane Wang, Ph.D., as regional technical manager, Asia.
Her responsibilities include administering technical resource allocation proc… Read More »
Sales: $784 million
Key Personnel: Yoshihiro Kaneda, group chairman; Hiroo Kaneda, group honorary chairman.
Major Products: Oral care products sold under the Gum and Butler brand names, and personal care products includ… Read More »
Sales: $2.0 billion
Key Personnel: Kazutoshi Kobayashi, president.
Major Products: Skin care, cosmetics and toiletries sold under several brand names including Cosme Decorte AQ, Awake, Cosme Decorte, Beauté de Kose, Jil… Read More »
• Bell Flavors and Fragrances: promoted Michael Natale to the position of general manager of Bell Mexico located in Guadalajara. According to the company, he will continue Bell’s competitive flavor and fragrance success in Mexico and… Read More »
• Ulta Beauty has opened its new 373,000 square foot distribution center in Chambersburg, PA; it is the company’s third distribution center in the US.
The retailer says this new spot is a key component of its 1,000 unit store growth… Read More »
• Walgreen Co. is purchasing a regional drugstore chain in the mid-South region of the US from Stephen L. LaFrance Holdings, Inc. and members of the LaFrance family. The transaction includes 144 stores currently operated under the USA Drug, Su… Read More »
• L’Oréal and AAK have signed an agreement to develop the trade of shea kernels to improve the volumes and the quality of the raw material and to secure improved living conditions for women in Burkina Faso, West Africa.
The agr… Read More »
• Sealed Air Corporation reported sales increased 70% to $1.92 billion in the first quarter due, in large part to the Diversey acquisition, which contributed a 66% increase in sales. The first quarter gain was also helped along by a modest inc… Read More »