• The Sun Products Corporation: tapped Scott Almquist to serve as chief customer officer, responsible for customer development for both national and retailer branded products in the US.
Almquist will be a member of the company’s ex… Read More »
• Coast Southwest: welcomed Amit Patel as innovation and applied science manager. He is based in Grand Prairie, TX and reports to Lisa M. Jones, general manager. According to the company, the arrival of Patel will foster the expansion of Coa… Read More »
The Lubrizol Corporation: promoted Dorina Ghirardi to global R&D director, personal and home care. In this role, she will work with an emphasis on providing technologies that deliver valued solutions for customer needs. She will be responsible fo… Read More »
• JAPAN: Sumitomo Corp. plans to launch luxury cosmetics shops where customers can peruse products on their own—a move away from the sales staffer-customer relationship in department stores. According to a report in The Nikkei, the first… Read More »
• MEXICO: The Lindal Group’s aerosol technology is part of an explosion in premium-type packaging that, in the Mexican personal care product category alone, is expected to increase aerosol use from 350 million units this year to 450 mill… Read More »
• UAE: Ajmal Perfumes has rolled out Dahn Al Oudh Rabia Al Omr, a special scent designed for the season of Ramadan. Meaning “Spring of Youth,” the fragrance was created using premium quality Indian agarwood oil blended with the oud… Read More »
An aerial view of BASF’s headquarters in Ludwigshafen.
• GERMANY: BASF has started production in the plant extension used to manufacture methanesulfonic acid in Ludwigshafen. BASF is the world’s leading manu… Read More »
The Chinese economy may not be posting double-digit gains as it has in recent years, but that’s not keeping companies throughout the world from investing in this dynamic market. Estée Lauder for example, is rolling out Osiao (pronounced… Read More »
Employee shooting! Chemical spill! Product recall! Cyber-technology attack! Executive kidnapping! Natural disaster! Plant bombing! Terrorist attack! Once reserved within the imagination of a Hollywood screenwriter or suspense novelist, these kinds of… Read More »
This summer was supposed to herald the first ever Final FDA Sunscreen regulations in the United States. Instead, the regulations were postponed yet again to December, and the summer season passed without too much fanfare. Developments in the last few… Read More »