BRAZIL: To sustain its growth and development strategy, Silab has opened Silab South America, in São Paulo, Brazil.
The unit will be dedicated to the promotion of the company’s natural cosmetic active ingredients towards all direc… Read More »
Much attention has been placed on the role that the last minute shopper plays during the critical Christmas holiday season, but new research from Unity Marketingsuggests there’s another type of shopper to keep an eye on this winter.… Read More »
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Sales: $135 million (estimated) for the year ended March 31, 2012.
Rebelle by Rihanna
Key Personnel: Frederick E. Purches, chairman and chief executive officer; Frank A. Buttac… Read More »
Sales: $158 million (estimated).
Key Personnel: Denis John Healy, chairman and chief executive officer; Sondra A. Healy, co-chairman; Tom Healy, vice president of global sales and marketing; and Mike Sc… Read More »
Sales: $344 million (estimated) for personal care and household products.
Corporate sales: $441.1 million for the year ended March 31, 2012.
Key Personnel: MatthewM.Mannelly, president and CEO; RonLom… Read More »
Sales: $646 million.
Net income: $17.4 million for the year ended Aug. 31, 2011.
Key Personnel: John K. Morgan, chairman, president and chief executive officer; Mark R. Bachmann, executive vice president and c… Read More »
Sales: $3 billion.
Key Personnel: David Holl, president and chief executive officer; Richard Rogers, executive chairman; Timothy Byrd, chief financial officer; Terry Cole, president, international supply chai… Read More »
Sales: $9 billion for the year ended June 30, 2011, but that total includes sales for food management.
Key Personnel: H. Fisk Johnson, Ph.D., chairman and chief executive officer; Jane M. Hutterly, executive… Read More »
New York, NY
Sales: $14.5 billion for oral, personal and home care products.
Corporate sales: $16.7 billion. Net income: $2.4 billion.
Key Personnel: Ian Cook, chairman, president and chief executiv… Read More »
• Grain Processing Corporation (GPC) has opened its new Solutions Center located in the Technical Development Center at GPC headquarters in Muscatine, IA.
The center was built to provide GPC… Read More »
• Francesca’s Collections, a growing women’s fashion retailer, has rolled out its first collection of fragrances—Francesca’s Collections Signature and Francesca’s Collections Indigo Waters.
“Francesca&rs… Read More »
• Infusium 23, the hair care problem experts since 1924 and official sponsor of the US Synchronized Swimming Team, will randomly select an honorary team captain and their guest to attend the duet synchronized swimming events in London this sum… Read More »
• Tide Dry Cleaners has been selected as a Gold Winner in the 2012 Edison Awards competition, receiving the top honor in the “New Retail Frontiers” category. The Edison Awards celebrates 25 years of honoring the best in innovation… Read More »
• DermStore.com has unveiled a sister site called blush.com, which will sell makeup brands and will feature the Blush Beauty Curator Panel, said to be comprised of the industry’s premier makeup artists and cosmetics professionals.
Th… Read More »
Problems abound in the trenches. Screaming customers. Irrational employees. Misplaced inventory. Internal politics. Budget cuts. System malfunctions. Those of us who live in the trenches understand that to thrive, even to survive, leaders need solid,… Read More »
Cosmetic companies continue to roll out anti-aging products that make plenty of promises, but some observers say these launches, and the claims behind them, are more about marketing than science. Read More »