Sales: $784 million
Key Personnel: Yoshihiro Kaneda, group chairman; Hiroo Kaneda, group honorary chairman.
Major Products: Oral care products sold under the Gum and Butler brand names, and personal care products includ… Read More »
Sales: $2.0 billion
Key Personnel: Kazutoshi Kobayashi, president.
Major Products: Skin care, cosmetics and toiletries sold under several brand names including Cosme Decorte AQ, Awake, Cosme Decorte, Beauté de Kose, Jil… Read More »
• Bell Flavors and Fragrances: promoted Michael Natale to the position of general manager of Bell Mexico located in Guadalajara. According to the company, he will continue Bell’s competitive flavor and fragrance success in Mexico and… Read More »
• Ulta Beauty has opened its new 373,000 square foot distribution center in Chambersburg, PA; it is the company’s third distribution center in the US.
The retailer says this new spot is a key component of its 1,000 unit store growth… Read More »
• Walgreen Co. is purchasing a regional drugstore chain in the mid-South region of the US from Stephen L. LaFrance Holdings, Inc. and members of the LaFrance family. The transaction includes 144 stores currently operated under the USA Drug, Su… Read More »
• L’Oréal and AAK have signed an agreement to develop the trade of shea kernels to improve the volumes and the quality of the raw material and to secure improved living conditions for women in Burkina Faso, West Africa.
The agr… Read More »
• Sealed Air Corporation reported sales increased 70% to $1.92 billion in the first quarter due, in large part to the Diversey acquisition, which contributed a 66% increase in sales. The first quarter gain was also helped along by a modest inc… Read More »
• Topline Products has added a number of assembly and filling capabilities to the existing packaging and assembly operations at its 26,000-sq.ft. plant in Reynosa, Mexico.
The capabilities include an automatic filling line for nail pens, bl… Read More »
• JAPAN: Fujifilm Corp. plans to ramp up foreign sales of cosmetics products, entering new markets in Asia and Europe this year, according to reports from The Nikkei.
Fujifilm Holdings Corp. plans to start selling its Astalift skin care lin… Read More »
• The most amazing products, with incredible advertising, in an impeccable store with the perfect assortment are nothing without one critical factor: shoppers. And, today’s shoppers are more unique, demanding and in control than ever bef… Read More »
• Online sales of beauty and personal care products are in the region of $3 billion, which represents about 5% penetration of the category, according to a new study from A.T. Kearney. The report examines the shopping behaviors of consumers and… Read More »
In an Accenture survey, 50% of consumers buy store-brand products because they perceive the quality to be just as good as the brand-name equivalent.
A new study from Accenture shows that the threat store-brands pose to brand… Read More »
Online sales of beauty and personal care products are in the region of $3 billion, which represents about 5% penetration of the category, according to a new study from A.T. Kearney. The report examines the shopping behaviors of consumers and the impl… Read More »
• A number of industry organizations have ramped up their online portals in an effort to provide customers with easier access to information.
Active Organics, Inc., a supplier of natural performance ingre… Read More »