• US Patent No. 8,431,142 B2; The Idea Folder, LLC of Green Bay, WI has patented a sanitizing gel that contains ethanol, hydroxyl propyl methyl cellulose, avenanthramides, glycerin and vitamin E.… Read More »
• US Patent No. 8,435,502 B2; Galderma Research & Development, Biot, France, has patented a topically applicable and stable cosmetic/dermatological composition that contains at least one naphthoic acid compound useful for the treatment of ke… Read More »
According to NPD Group, color
is the main factor influencing
• According to global information provider The NPD Group’s March 2013 Nail Care and Polish Consumer Report, more than half of women (age 18+) have purchased… Read More »
• The US cosmetics and toiletries market continues to perform well, posting 3.4% growth in 2012, with sales signifying success for both key and niche industry players, according to recently published Cosmetics & Toiletries USA report from Kl… Read More »
There are nearly 150,000 different known species of mushrooms in the world. Some of the most popular are shiitake, reishi, maitaki, enoki, oyster, lion’s mane, hericium erinaceous, coriolus versicolor, cordyceps, cloud, chager, cremini, astraga… Read More »
How big of a role can Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) play in cosmetics? Many TCM experts I’ve interviewed say the potential is enormous because the materials are so effective.
Proper storage of herbs is essential to their efficacy.
For… Read More »
Once again, the annual Suppliers’ Day, sponsored by the New York Chapter of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists, featured a range of novel products from the leading suppliers to the industry. The exhibition hall featured hundreds of booths and att… Read More »
• BareMinerals has kicked off its nationwide “Go Bare” tour with a pop-up boutique-meets-lounge and a traveling team of complexion experts. The pop-up boutique mimics the brand’s new retail footprint.
According to the compa… Read More »
• US Patent No. 8,394,394 B2; Mousse formulations have been patented by L’Oréal France.
The cosmetic base is comprised of an anhydrous mixture of an effective amount of at least one first non-emulsifying, gellable silicone elastome… Read More »
• CHINA: In connection with its annual incentive trip for Greater China sales leaders, Nu Skin Enterprises reiterated its goal of reaching $1 billion in annual revenue in the Greater China region by 2014.
“In 2010, when we… Read More »
The US has fallen behind in the adoption of sun care ingredients that are actively in use in other countries. What are the reasons for this lag? Recently, I was invited to participate in a coalition that endeavors to improve the regulatory pathway fo… Read More »
Fragrance company executives in Western Europe are most likely relieved to have 2012 behind them, after the market flat-lined at $12.8 billion, according to Euromonitor. Both premium and mass fragrance struggled to reach parity with 2011, which was a… Read More »
More moisture. Skin craves it and suppliers are delivering it. One of them, CP Kelco, Atlanta, GA, offers two moisturizing ingredients under the name of AquaMax. The INCI name for AquaMax HM is sodium glutamate or natto gum; for AquaMax LM, it is pot… Read More »