La Roche-Posay has partnered with Ulta Beauty to take its mission of spreading awareness about the importance of sun safety to the next level. From now through July 18, Ulta Beauty locations across the country will be hosting free skin checks, perfo… Read More »
• Heidi Klum invited women at The Grove in Los Angeles to join her in the Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy’s “‘Right End’ Hair Revolution.” At the event, Klum signed an oversized Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty T… Read More »
• Procter & Gamble: has a new, but familiar chief executive officer. Former chairman and CEO A.G. Lafley has rejoined the company as CEO, effective immediately. He replaced Bob McDonald, who retired.
“A.G.’s track record and his… Read More »
• Revlon, Inc. first quarter sales rose 2.1% to $331.9 million. In the US, net sales rose 4% to $192.1 million. The increase was primarily driven by higher net sales of Revlon and SinfulColors color cosmetics and the inclusion of the net sales o… Read More »
• Verisol, new from Gelita, administered orally, influences the skin metabolism directly from the inside, according to the company. It stimulates the fibroblasts in the dermis to increase the synthesis of collagen, elastin and proteoglycans&m… Read More »
• US Patent No. 8,431,142 B2; The Idea Folder, LLC of Green Bay, WI has patented a sanitizing gel that contains ethanol, hydroxyl propyl methyl cellulose, avenanthramides, glycerin and vitamin E.… Read More »
• US Patent No. 8,435,502 B2; Galderma Research & Development, Biot, France, has patented a topically applicable and stable cosmetic/dermatological composition that contains at least one naphthoic acid compound useful for the treatment of ke… Read More »
According to NPD Group, color
is the main factor influencing
• According to global information provider The NPD Group’s March 2013 Nail Care and Polish Consumer Report, more than half of women (age 18+) have purchased… Read More »
• The US cosmetics and toiletries market continues to perform well, posting 3.4% growth in 2012, with sales signifying success for both key and niche industry players, according to recently published Cosmetics & Toiletries USA report from Kl… Read More »
There are nearly 150,000 different known species of mushrooms in the world. Some of the most popular are shiitake, reishi, maitaki, enoki, oyster, lion’s mane, hericium erinaceous, coriolus versicolor, cordyceps, cloud, chager, cremini, astraga… Read More »
How big of a role can Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) play in cosmetics? Many TCM experts I’ve interviewed say the potential is enormous because the materials are so effective.
Proper storage of herbs is essential to their efficacy.
For… Read More »
Once again, the annual Suppliers’ Day, sponsored by the New York Chapter of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists, featured a range of novel products from the leading suppliers to the industry. The exhibition hall featured hundreds of booths and att… Read More »
• BareMinerals has kicked off its nationwide “Go Bare” tour with a pop-up boutique-meets-lounge and a traveling team of complexion experts. The pop-up boutique mimics the brand’s new retail footprint.
According to the compa… Read More »
• US Patent No. 8,394,394 B2; Mousse formulations have been patented by L’Oréal France.
The cosmetic base is comprised of an anhydrous mixture of an effective amount of at least one first non-emulsifying, gellable silicone elastome… Read More »