By Katie Middleweek, European Cosmetic Markets Tel: (44) 020 7193 6862
Published September 28, 2012
The spa market in the Big 5 reported mixed fortunes in the past 12 months. While it is always difficult in this sector to gauge figures due to many data companies not tracking spa in the same way as they would other personal care categories, product… Read More »
Food-to-Personal-Care Continuum Analyzed
Antioxidants are featured in a diversity of consumer packaged goods (CPGs)—from granola bars to vitamin shakes to detox skincare. According to a new report from New York, NY-based Packaged Facts, &ldquo… Read More »
• The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) held its first CITY 2012 Beauty Trunk Show in August in New York City, Los Angeles and Las Vegas, featuring the winners of the 2012 Cosmetic Innovators of The Year (CITY) Awards… Read More »
• Nspa, a line of personal care created by Nirvana Spa, selected M&H Plastics for the re-packaging of its mouth-watering Nspa Fruit collection of skin care products. The company said it selected M&H because the firm had the capability… Read More »
• Kimberly-Clark Corp. has rolled out the Poise Feminine Wellness line, billed as a first-of-its-kind line of consumer products designed specifically for menopausal women. This new product line represents the Poise brand’s expansion into… Read More »
• Elastin-rp ($28-$89) is a brand-new, specially formulated three-step regimen that’s clinically proven to help reverse this loss of elastin, the true source of skin aging, in just three weeks, according to the company.
The secret is… Read More »
• Boldface Licensing + Branding, a celebrity beauty license company, has inked a fragrance deal with Mario Lopez. The license will move the actor’s Mario’s Rated M Underwear and Athletic Clothing line into the world of scented an… Read More »
• US Patent No. 8,216,597 B2; Shiseido has patented an oil-in-water emulsion. It contains a polyoxyethylene phytosterol, a glycerin fatty acid diester, a polyoxyethylene-polyoxypropylene random copolymer dialkyl ether, an oil-soluble drug, oil… Read More »
Sales: $784 million
Key Personnel: Yoshihiro Kaneda, group chairman; Hiroo Kaneda, group honorary chairman.
Major Products: Oral care products sold under the Gum and Butler brand names, and personal care products includ… Read More »