• Pureology has added two new control products to its Colour Stylist range—Control Twist high hold liquid wax and Supreme Control maximum hold zero dulling hairspray.
Control Twist is a versatile, high hold liquid wax that can be used… Read More »
• Edge Shave Gel has announced “Team Edge 2012,” the second year of a commitment to identify rising stars in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and provide the chance for one of them to become an official spokesman for Edge… Read More »
• Lee Stafford, one of Britain’s most well known celebrity hairdressers, is out to woo US consumers with several summer products. The Brit reality TV star stylist offers Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray, Poker Straight Dehumidifier, Bleach Bl… Read More »
By Katie Middleweek, European Cosmetic Markets Tel: (44) 020 7193 6862
Published August 1, 2012
It has been a very mixed year for the hair care market in the Big 5 with the overall category (including shampoos, conditioners and styling products) posting a variety of gains and losses, but nothing very consistent and all a bit pallid. France and… Read More »
• Bell Flavors and Fragrances: added new staff at its Northbrook, IL headquarters.
Cynthia Lipka was appointed to the position of senior flavorist. She has more than 17 years of experience as a flavor chemist working at Synergy Flavors In… Read More »
• The decision by Whish Body Products, the maker of skin and facial care products, to select Mega Airless dispensers for its new Prelude Pre-Wax & Shave serum underscores the potential for an all-new generation of prestige shave products i… Read More »
• Biotropic Corporation and Mattel will partner to bring boys Hot Wheels branded personal care products inspired by Hot Wheels vehicles. The new line of personal care products features car shaped bottles, tire shaped hair gel and more—… Read More »
•Pine-Sol Multi-Surface Cleaners is teaming up with recognized recording artist, actress and former Miss Universe Denise Quinones on a contest in which fans of the brand will have a chance to get their personal story turned into an original… Read More »
• Clinique has been ranked as one of the top 10 global brands in the “Top Risers” category of the BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands report. Conducted by market research firm Millward Brown, Clinique was include… Read More »
By Nadim Shaath, Alpha Research & Development Ltd.
Published June 29, 2012
A month into summer and demand for sunscreen is rising.
Dog Days: noun. 1. The sultry part of the summer, supposed to occur during the period that Sirius, the Dog Star, rises at the same time as the sun: now often reckoned f… Read More »
El Segundo, CA
Sales: $110 million (estimated).
Key Personnel: Howard Murad, M.D., FAAD, chief executive officer and founder; Richard S. Murad, general manager; Beverly Parsons, chief operating officer; Jeff Murad, vice pr… Read More »
San Francisco, CA
Sales: $112 million (estimated).
Key Personnel: Drew Fraze, chief executive officer; Adam Lowry, co-founder and chief greenskeeper; Eric Ryan, co-founder and chief brand architect.
Major Products: L… Read More »
Los Angeles, CA
Sales: $147 million for personal care products.
Corporate sales: $3.4 billion.
Key Personnel: Michael O. Johnson, chairman and chief executive officer and director; Brett R. Chapman, general counsel; De… Read More »
Los Angeles, CA
Sales: $205 million (estimated).
Key Personnel: Zvi Ryzman, president; Terri Cooper, executive vice president; David Woolf, executive vice president of retail sales; Mark Moesta, vice president of profe… Read More »
Sales: $535 million.
Key Personnel: Orville Thompson, chief executive officer; Heidi Thompson, president.
Major Products: Home fragrances including scented wickless candles and personal fragrance products s… Read More »
Sales: $964 million for personal care products.
Corporate sales: $1.7 billion. Net income: $153 million.
Key Personnel: Truman Hunt, president and chief executive officer; Joseph Y. Chang, chief scientific offic… Read More »
Palm Desert, CA
Sales: $1.1 billion (estimated) for personal care products.
Corporate sales: $1.5 billion.
Key Personnel: Bill Guthy and Greg Renker, co-founders and co-chairmen; Kevin Knee, vice c… Read More »
Sales: $2.9 billion (estimated) for home fragrance and personal care products.
Corporate sales: $10.3 billion. Net income: $850 million for the year ended Jan. 28, 2012.
Key Personnel: Leslie H. Wexner… Read More »