Within the initiative, R&D and concept development work has been conducted by National Starch to deliver state-of-the-art products including shampoos, combing creams, mousses, gels, lotions, milks and serums.
“As a group, consumers with curly hair spend more on hair care products than other people with straight hair, and the curly-haired group is growing in major markets,” said Penny Vanemon, global market manager of hair care, National Starch.
With this in mind, National Starch Personal Care developed a range of formulations including:
• Wind it Up, a shampoo that offers excellent curl definition;
• Under Control combing cream, featuring National Starch’s DynamX polymer for curl definition and volume reduction;
• Twisted!, for all-day performance;
• Unwind, with straightening ef-fects and featuring National Starch’s Amaze XT technology;
• Smooth Move, an anti-frizz lotion with Flexan II and
• Endless Curls, showing how Na-tional Starch technology can “charge” curls throughout an active day.
“CurlScience means that we are working on new concepts for curly hair every day, drawing from an active R&D program, our portfolio of