The conference is set to take place June 9-10 at the Conference Center of the New Jersey Hospital Association, Princeton, NJ.
The workshop chair for the conference will be Dr. Yash Kamath, and the meeting is sponsored by such companies as Aveda, DSM, Wella, Ajinomoto and BASF, among others.
The conference will include such topics as:
• chemical, physical and surface properties of hair;
• luster, body and smoothness;
• mechanisms of hair damage and its prevention;
• evaluation of deposition of actives on hair;
• ethnic hair studies;
• new developments in gentle hair dyes and permanent waves and
• predictive modeling of polymer performance in shampoo formulations.
TRI Princeton has called for technical posters. Abstracts will be accepted until May 1. Proceedings of the First International Conference on Applied Hair Science will be published as a special volume of the peer-reviewed Journal of Cosmetic Science.
The participant registration deadline is May 25.
More info: Conference Organizer: (609) 430-4820; Fax: (609) 683-7149; E-mail: email@example.com; Website: www.triprinceton.org/hair2004.