IFSCC Abstracts Must Be Submitted Online by Nov. 2
The deadline for abstracts for the 26th IFSCC Congress—which will be held Sept. 20-23, 2010 in Buenos Aires—is open until Nov. 2, 2009 and all parties interested in submitting applications must do so online at the Congress’ website, www.ifscc2010.com
AAQC, the Argentine Association of Cosmetic Chemists, is organizing the IFSCC International Congress, which will be held at the Buenos Aires Sheraton Hotel & Convention Center. The theme of the Congress is “Innovation & Responsibility: Cosmetics Forever,” according to AAQC.
The Congress’ preliminary topics include:
• Developments in Actives Research; New materials and formulations; Advances in delivery technologies; Advances in cosmetics manufacture and control; Equipment; and Assessment of cosmetic efficacy.
• Well-Being and Beauty Cosmetics: Immune system and cosmetics;Neurobiology to improve skin wellness; Cosmetic performance through sensorial evaluation; Advances in bioavailability technologies; and Decorative cosmetics.
• Protective Strategies: Special cosmetics; Care of skin, hair and nails; Anti-aging research: what is new?; and Sun care products.
• Society and Cosmetics: Environ-ment-friendly cosmetics; Consumer health: prevention, care and safety; Animal testing alternatives; and Legislation: changes and challenges.
IFSCC also entails a concurrent commercial exhibition, showcasing the latest technological developments on ingredients, equipment and other services for the cosmetic industry.
More info: www.aaqc.org.ar, www.ifscc.org
Fore! Hit the Links at Local SCC Chapter Golf Outings
Here is a look at upcoming golf outings planned by local chapters.
• Ontario—July 9, Kleinburg Golf Club, Kleinburg, Ontario. More info: www.ontarioscc.org
• Midwest—July 14, Carriage Greens Country Club, Darien, IL. More info: www.midwestscc.org or George Concar, firstname.lastname@example.org, (630) 699-5034
• New York—July 31, Crystal Springs Golf Course, Hamburg, NJ. More info: (908) 512-8830; (914) 805-0302.
• Intermountain West—Aug. 12, Midway, UT. More info: www.imwscc.org
• Ohio Valley—Oct. 6, Twin Oaks Golf & Plantation, Covington, KY. More info: www.ovscc.org
2009 Young Scientist Award Deadline is July 1
Nomination forms for the 2009 SCC Young Scientist Award must be returned to the SCC office by July 1. The award is presented to one scientist from each cosmetic manufacturer, supplier or other organization in the cosmetics and personal products industries. The recipient must be a member or National Affiliate in good standing of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists for at least one year and shall have been employed in the industry for no more than 10 years.
Recommendations must be submitted to the Society of Cosmetic Chemists, which shall verify the eligibility of the recipient. More info: BCowen@scconline.org
May 5: SCC Continuing Education Course-Botanicals & Natural Ingredients,Sheraton Newark Airport Hotel, Newark, NJ. More info: www.scconline.org
May 12-13: NYSCC Suppliers’ Day, Raritan Center in Edison, NJ More info: www.nyscc.orgMay 20: Southwest Chapter Daytime Meeting, Mary Kay Manufacturing Tourand Lunch at Texas Land and Cattle. More info: www.swscc.org
June 3: SCC Continuing Education Course-Scale Up & Processing Cosmetic Formulations, Chicago Hilton. More info: www.scconline.org
June 3: SCC Continuing Education Course-Ethnic Hair Care, Chicago Hilton.More info: www.scconline.org
June 4-5: SCC Annual Scientific Seminar, Chicago, IL. More info: www.scconline.org
June 22: Twin Cities Chapter Annual Twin Cities SCC Golf Event. More info: www.tccscc.org
July 9: Ontario Chapter Golf Tournament. More info: www.ontarioscc.org
July 14: Midwest Chapter Golf Tournament. More info: www.midwestscc.org
July 20: SCC Continuing Education Course-Beginning Cosmetic Chemistry, Sheraton Newark Airport Hotel, Newark, NJ. More info: www.scconline.org
July 31: NYSCC Golf Outing, Hamburg, NJ. More info: www.nyscc.org
Aug. 11: SCC Continuing Education Course-Aerosol 101, Sheraton Newark Airport Hotel, Newark, NJ. More info: www.scconline.org
Aug. 22: NYSCC Bluefishing Trip. More info: www.nyscc.org
Sept. 9: NYSCC Monthly Meeting, The Manor, West Orange, NJ. More info: www.nyscc.org
Sept. 10: Carolina Chapter Technical Meeting/Golf, Location TBD. More info: www.carolinascc.org
Sept. 15: Connecticut Chapter monthly meeting, Vazzy's, Fairfield, CT. More info: www.ctscc.org
Sept. 15: Twin Cities monthly chapter meeting. More info: www.tccscc.org
Sept. 24: NYSCC Cultural Evene: culinary rendezvous. More info: www.nyscc.org
Oct. 6: Ohio Valley Chapter Annual Golf Outing, Twin Oaks Golf & Plantation, Covington, KY. More info: www.ovscc.org
Oct. 20: Connecticut Chapter Annual Educational Seminar, Zotos, Darien, CT. More info: www.ctscc.org
Oct. 20: Twin Cities monthly chapter meeting. More info: www.tccscc.org
Oct. 22-23: California Chapter Suppliers’ Day, Long Beach Convention Center, Long Beach, CA. More info: www.caliscc.org
Nov. 4: NYSCC Monthly Meeting, Seasons, Washington,NJ. More info: www.nyscc.org
Nov. 7: NYSCC Fall Seminar at FDU, Teaneck, NJ. More info: www.nyscc.org
Nov. 17: Twin Cities monthly chapter meeting. More info: www.tccscc.org
Nov. 18: Ohio Valley Chapter general chapter meeting. More info: www.ovscc.org
Dec. 10-11: 2009 SCC Annual Scientific Meeting and Showcase, New York Hilton Hotel, new York, NY. More info: www.scconline.org
Dec. 15: Twin Cities monthly chapter holiday party. More info: www.tccscc.org