Burt’s Bees Targets Lipcolor Category
Burt’s Bees is adding just a hint of color to its well-known beeswax-based lip balms.
• Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balms ($6.99) take the passion for the brand’s famous beeswax-based lip balms to the next level with a hint of sheer color in six modern, wearable shades and a sweet natural flavor, according to the company. These 100% natural balms care for the kisser with flower waxes such as ylang-ylang and jasmine, moisture-rich shea butter and vitamin E.The shade spectrum is designed to give every woman a perfect neutral, pink and red color from each of the shade families, added the company. The balms are packaged in eco-friendly cardboard tubes, too—further tapping into the green trend.
Sally Hansen Rolls OutNail Polish Strips
Salon Effects Peel Nail Polish Strips
• For years, nail polish shoppers have looked to Sally Hansen for the best in nail color. Now, the color authority delivers trend-setting nails that think outside of the bottle. New Sally Hansen Nail Polish Strips offer no dry-time nail looks for style that lasts up to 10 days, according to the company. Each Salon Effect Real Nail Polish Strips kit ($9.99 each) includes 16 nail polish strips, a cuticle stick, mini file/buffer and instructions for at-home application.
OPI’s Texas RangeFeatures New Finish
• From the company that brought nail textures like matte, suede and Black Shatter to women around the world, OPI announces a new special finish— semi-transparent sorbet shades. Featured first in the Texas Collection by OPI ($8.50 each) for Spring/Summer 2011, these lacquers give fingers and toes a lightly glossed appearance, according to the company. From sea blue and berry pink to tangerine and bright peach, the Texas Collection features classic American colors.
More info: www.opi.com
Earthly Elements DebutsHair Care, Body Care Line
Indulge your spirit with new Earthly Elements.
• Earthly Elements is a new collection ($9.99-$12.99) said to indulge the mind and spirit with shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion in four tropical scents: Hawaiian Ginger, Island Jasmine, Brazilian Citrus and Moroccan Vanilla. Bottles are adorned with unique keepsake charms featuring inspirational messages like“hope” and“peace”.
More info: www.earthlyelements.com
Jessica Teams UpWith William Tempest
• International nail care marketer Jessica unveiled its latest nail color collaboration with British fashion designer William Tempest. The six-color collection, Runway Style ($7.50 each), complements Tempests’ Spring 2011 runway designs.
According to the company, the range—inspired by sirens, the mythical half-beauty half-sea creatures whose enchanting voices seduce passing sailors to shipwreck—features a color palette of fresh corals, nudes and grays in frothy chiffons, georgettes and velvet that mimic the waves of the sea.
More info: www.Jessicacosmetics.com
Tarte PresentsAmazonian Clay Blush
Tarte creates worksof art out of Amazonianclay with its new blush.
•Infused with natural clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun, Tarte’s new Amazonian Clay Blush ($25) is said to benefit all skin types for a fade-free flawless finish for 12 hours.Inspired by Tarte’s best-selling shades of cheek stains and lip tints, the colors range from soft to vivid to suit a wide variety of skintones. For oily skin types, Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place.
More info: http://tartecosmetics.com
Sheer ShimmeringHighlighter from Sonia KashukNow at Target
Super Sheer Shimmering Highlighter
• Sonia Kashuk’s latest collection at Target features the new Super Sheer Shimmering Highlighter ($9.99), a liquid luminizer in pale gold. According to the company, this highlighter adds a natural-looking radiance and leaves skin with a beautiful dewy finish.
Tone UncorksA New Body Wash
Leave the corkscrew in the kitchen with Tone Vino Moisture.
• Red wine is celebrated for its antioxidant rich properties—now Tone is getting on board with new Tone Vino Moisture Body Wash with Crushed Grape and Shea Butter ($3.99). Originating from the French spa trend of vino-therapy, the body wash is said to offer the ultimate luxury in skin moisturization at an affordable price. It contains notes of crushed grapes, shea butter and vitamin E in a cream-based formula.
More info: www.toneskincare.com
John Frieda Adds At-Home Straightening Product
Now, semi-permanent straightening at home.
• John Frieda Hair Care has launched what it is calling the “first at-home answer” to semi-permanent straightening: Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight semi-permanent styling spray. The new semi-permanent straightening solution ($9.99), gives women with coarse, curly hair at-home access to the benefits of salon straightening treatments by harnessing the power of keratin protein.
More info: www.johnfrieda.com
Wasp & Hornet KillerFrom Liquid Fence
Kill the wasps, but keep the dogs safe.
• New Liquid Fence Wasp & Hornet Killer an all-natural and non-toxic aerosol spray that destroys the entire nest quickly and comes with a “100% kill” guarantee, yet is safe to use around kids and pets. Made by Brodheadsville, PA-based Liquid Fence Company, the botanically scented spray reaches in excess of 15 feet.
Unlike water-based solutions that run the risk of potential electrocution when sprayed near electrical wires, Liquid Fence Wasp & Hornet Killer is oil-based and electrically non-conducting up to 27,500 volts, according to the company.
More info: www.liquidfence.com
LifeWave’s Y-AgeGeon Patch for Skin
• LifeWave, a San Diego, CA-based company that offers homeopathic and acupressure products, has rolled out Y-Age Aeon patch new Y-Age Aeon patch. Designed to help promote an anti-stress response in the body, the patch reportedly affects acupuncture points without needles, leading to more energy, less inflammation and a general feeling of wellness, while longer term use has been shown to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, according to the company.
More info: www.lifewave.com
P&G Rolls Out GainWith FreshLock Technology
Gain with FreshLock technology.
• Gain with FreshLock features a new scent technology “upgrade” that provides longer-lasting freshness to laundry. It contains microscopic scent beads that rest throughout fabrics after they have been washed and dried. The beads break with friction and release the fresh smelling scent of Gain from the fibers, according to P&G.
More info: www.ilovegain.com
Rogaine Goes Stealthy
New Rogaine Unscented Topical Foam.
• McNeil-PPC has made it easier for men to keep their Rogaine use on the “Q.T.” The Skillman, NJ-based company is rolling out Men’s Rogaine Unscented Topical Foam ($29.99), billed as the same formulation sans the telltale fragrance. Consumer studies revealed that 57% of current Rogaine users wished the product was unscented and 51% used the product less frequently due to the fragrance. By removing the fragrance, McNeil-PPC plans to encourage better consumer compliance.
More info: www.rogainedirect.com
TouchBack MarkersTackle Gray Hair
• TouchBack is a mistake-proof marker that delivers true, temporary hair color instantly, according to its maker. Unlike mascara, crayons, gels, and powders, TouchBack ($29.95) won’t flake or rub off with brushing; bonds to the hair and stays true until shampooed out.
TouchBack is available in eight shades from rich black to golden blonde.
More info: www.TouchBackGray.com