• U.S. Patent No. 7,867,969 B2; L’Oréal S.A., Paris, France, has patented a keratin fiber wash composition that contains a magnesium salt anionic surfactant. An aqueous medium contains an anionic surfactant in the form of a magnesium salt and a second anionic surfactant different from the first, selected from the group consisting of the sodium salts of polyoxyalkylenated (C6-24 alkyl) ether carboxylic acids, at least one amphoteric or zwitterionic surfactant, at least one oxyethylenated sorbitan ester, and at least one polymer chosen from cationic polymers and amphoteric or zwitterionic polymers.
Foam Cleaning CompositionPatented by Ecolab
• U.S. Patent No. 7,879,785 B2; Ecolab Inc., St. Paul, MN, has patented a method for foaming a cleaning composition. It entails mixing a cleaning composition and air in a mechanical foaming head to generate a foam without the use of a non-air containing propellant. The cleaning composition is comprised of surfactant, water and a glycol ether solvent consisting of one or more glycol ethers. The weight ratio of the glycol ether solvent to the total amount of surfactant is at least 1:100.
New Dental Agent
• U.S. Patent No. 7,879,315 B2;Showa Yakuhin Kako Co., Ltd., Tokyo, has patented an agent for dissolving dental calculi. It is comprised of a composition that contains glycolic acid and an aqueous extract from Perillafrutescens var. crispa flutescen purpurea comprising rosmarinic acid. The aqueous extract and the glycolic acid are active in an amount effective enough to dissolve dental calculus.
Stain Resistant Compositions
• U.S. 7,879,112 B2; Invista North America has patented a stain-resistant composition. The aqueous emulsion contains a crosslinking agent that has at least one polymer having two hydroxyl-terminated groups, wherein the crosslinking agent does not include an epoxy group and is a polybutadiene; and a stain-resistant agent comprising at least one polymer selected from polymethacrylic acid, hydrolyzed maleic anhydride copolymerized with at least one monomer, and a mixture thereof. The crosslinking agent covalently binds the stain-resistant agent to a substrate comprising polyamide fibers.
Detergent CompositionFrom Everlight USA
• U.S. Patent No. 7,879,786 B1; Everlight USA, Inc., Pineville, NC, has patented a detergent composition that contains an alkali metal hydroxyl compound, a nonionic surfactant, an anionic surfactant, a chelating agent, an additive and water.
L’Oréal Patents Hair Dye, Kit
• U.S. Patent No. 7,879,113 B2; L’Oréal S.A., Paris, has patented a composition for dyeing or lightening human keratin fibers. It is comprised of a cosmetically acceptable medium; at least one fatty substance; at least one silicate chosen from smectite, vermiculite, stevensite and chlorite clays; at least one dye chosen from oxidation dyes and direct dyes; at least one basifying agent; and at least one oxidizing agent.
Cleaning SuperficiallyAdhered Substances
• U.S. Patent 7,867,967 B2; Huei Zong Hang Co., Ltd., Changhua, Taiwan, has patented a cleaning mixture designed to clean superficially adhered substances. It consists of a colloid material, resin, abrasive powders, stabilizer, fibers and natural turpentine that are bonded together. The composition has high density and high binding, cohesive and adhesive capacities. The natural turpentine greatly reduces a manufacturing temperature in the processing of the cleaning mixture composition and lowers an emission of exhaust of the manufacturing process. The abrasive powders boost a suction power between the cleaning mixture composition and the working surface to shovel up the substances adhered onto the surface. The colloid material and the resin are equipped with an adhesion property to viscously grip the substances bonded onto the working surface.
Shiseido PatentsOil-Cleansing Composition
• U.S. 7,879,779 B2; Shiseido Co., Ltd.,has patented an oil-based cleansing composition. It is comprised of a nonionic surfactant having a HLB of 8 to 10 and an oil component. The IOB of the oil component is 0.02 to 0.07, and the mass ratio of first component (A) and second component (B) is 1:4 to 2:1. The oil-based cleansing composition satisfies the following conditions: the amount of water in the composition is less than 5% by mass, and a micellar aqueous solution phase or a bicontinuous microemulsion phase is formed when said oil-based cleansing composition and water are mixed in the ratio of 4:6. The micellar aqueous solution phase is optically isotropic exhibiting a clear to slightly blue, translucent appearance, and the bicontinuous microemulsion phase is optically isotropic exhibiting a transparent appearance.
Liquid Lamellar Composition Resistant to Viscosity Change
• U.S. Patent 7,879,781 B2; Conopco,Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ, has patented a liquid lamellar composition comprising surfactant; a lamellar structuring system comprising lauric acid and lauryl alcohol; emollient oil; and trihydroxystearin as emollient oil structurant. The composition has initial viscosity of ≧80,000 cps to 150,000 cps. and a viscosity, after freeze thaw testing of ≧80,000 to 150,000 cps. It is phase stable after exposure at 50°C for 10 days.