Chemsil Promotes Griffiths To VP-Sales & Business Dev.
• Chemsil Silicones: promoted Robert Griffiths to vice president of sales and business development. In this expanded role, Griffiths is responsible for directing the global expansion of Chemsil sales efforts as well as working with service partners to expand the global capabilities of Chemsil.
• AkzoNobel Global Personal Care: appointed Cassidy Callahan as sales specialist. Her responsibilities include achieving sales, identifying and developing new accounts and identifying new applications for existing products in sales territories that include Illinois and in the southern region of the U.S.
• Grain Processing Corporation: named John Thorpe president. He joined the company in 2002 as sales manager, feed ingredients. He was promoted to vice president, feed ingredients in 2004 and in 2005 he was named vice president, industrial starch products. In 2008, Thorpe was promoted to vice president for global sales.
Patrick M. Homoelle was promoted from account executive, alcohol sales to vice president, alcohol products. He joined the company in 2004 and has 30 years experience in the chemical and ingredients business
|(l-r) John Thorpe, Patrick Homoelle and Kevin Lester of Grain Processing.
Kevin Lester has been promoted to director of technical service for the food, pharmaceutical and personal care group. He joined the company in 1998 in the quality assurance group, where he held the position of manager of analytical services. He transferred to operations in 2006 where he held a variety of leadership roles.
• Tupperware Brands Corporation: has named Daisy Chin-Lor president and managing director of BeautiControl North America. Albert Bosch, who previously served as president of BeautiControl North America, will transfer to Tupperware Japan as president and managing director.
• Superior Materials: tapped Bruce Schimmel as sales manager. As part of the management team, he brings to Superior his expertise in the handling of national accounts as well as management over expanded territories, according to the company. Schimmel, most recently business development manager with Hydrite Chemical, has had upper management positions with Alcan, Ultra Additives-Munzing and Eckart America.
|Joy Atkinson of Firmenich
• Firmenich: promoted Joy Atkinson to vice president, body and home care, North America, adding creation, marketing and development to her responsibilities. In her 28-year career in beauty and fragrances, she has gained experience in retail buying, marketing, branding, sales and general management across a spectrum of global companies, noted Firmenich.
Atkinson succeeds Jerry Vittoria, who has been promoted to general manager of fine fragrances, North America.
• DS Containers: promoted Matt Kuehn to vice president of sales, marketing and technical support. Kuehn succeeds Emil Obradovich, who retired. Additionally, George Buckland has been promoted to managing director of sales and business development.
• Floratech: promoted Kelley Dwyer to the newly‐created position of senior vice president of sales and market development. He will continue his sales leadership and focus his account management in Asia. Since joining Floratech nearly 30 years ago, Dwyer has led the sales force and overseen the development of key global markets, according to the company.
• Diversey Holdings: named Helen Johnson-Leipold as chairman of its board of directors, following the resignation of S. Curtis Johnson. Johnson-Leipold is a member of the Diversey Holdings and Diversey boards. She is also chairman of Johnson Financial Group and CEO/chairman of Johnson Outdoors, Inc.
• The Yankee Candle Company: tapped John Fontana as president of the international division. Hope Margala Klein has been promoted to senior vice president, brand design and innovation.
Fontana has significant experience in the candle industry, as well as success in developing consumer growth strategies, and setting up effective international business platforms. Klein had been wholesale vice president of marketing and merchandising.