Jane Iredale Rolls Out Stacked Set
• The My Steppes ($58) all-in-one compact, new from Jane Iredale, contains two lipglosses, a blush, a bronzer and a mirror for effortless touchups on the go, according to the company. The palettes are available in two color combinations—warm and cool. As with Jane Iredale products, select ingredients nourish the skin. The PurePressed Blush and So-Bronze 3 contain pine bark and pomegranate extracts for potent antioxidant and anti-aging effects; while PureGloss for Lips features mint and ginger extracts to naturally plump lips, according to the company.
More info: www.janeiredale.com
Beyond Coastal Face Stick
More info: www.beyondcoastal.com
CND CollaboratesWith Jason Wu
• Fashion designer Jason Wu collaborated with runway manicure leader CND to introduce a limited edition Jason Wu Collection ($47) that honors iconic women through wearable, timeless shades, according to the company. The set will come with four CNDcolor and one “Effect” that can be layered to achieve the designer’s effortless yet elegant nail styles. The set includes Miss Wu, Jason’s signature limestone, warm gray that dries matte with a subtle chrome sheen; Brigitte, a warm pink; Sophia, a mushroom taupe and Veronica, an oxblood red. Layer over any of the colors with the Anna Effect that supplies a tweed finish, according to the company.
More info: www.cnd.com
Odin New York LaunchesCandle Collection
• Odin New York expanded its beauty and grooming offering with the introduction of candles that mirror their initial fragrances. The debut set of four unisex fragrances ($65/each)—01 Sunda, 02 Owari, 03 Century and 04 Petrana—evoke the exoticism of travel and a modern approach to time-honored fragrance traditions, according to the company.
Each candle is unique in its complex structures and distinguished notes. 01 Sunda’s creamy oriental notes of juniper berries and cedar leaves with spicy black pepper linger in its warmth. 02 Owari opens up with rare mandarins and freshly crushed grapefruit leaves, where it meets the vibrant cubed pepper and Tonkin musk. Inspired by ancient Cypress comes 03 Century, captivating the senses with silver birch, Cypress and forest mint. The liquid myrrh combines with vetiver, patchouli and moss for a transparent woodsy scent. 04 Petrana’s blooming Black Iris reveals its dark complexion from the foundation of wild orris root and green violet leaf absolute. Herbaceous coriander, spicy pink pepper and deep purple cassis float coalesce into a luminous floral. The 60 hours of burn time will make these signature scents come alive, said the company.
More info: www.odinnewyork.com
Tocca Debuts SPF30+ Multipack
• After last year’s introduction of the SPF 30+ Towelette, Tocca is taking convenient, high performance sun protection to the next level with its new SPF 30+ Multipack ($24) for Summer 2011. Ideal for the sun savvy goddess in us all, this resealable pouch keeps the Stella fragrance-infused towelettes generously moistened while still boasting a mess-free application perfect for those on the go, according to the company.
The formula protects against UVA and UVB rays while leaving skin glistening and delicately fragranced in Tocca’s classic Italian blood orange scent, Stella. The SPF 30+ Multipack contains 10 7”x8” towelettes. Both are available at Sephora and SpaceNK stores nationwide.
More info: www.tocca.com/store
Bold Blues Next Up at OPI
• OPI expands its Shatter line with the addition of three new trendsetting shades: blue, navy and turquoise ($8/each). With nautical hues of cobalt, indigo and sapphire, these blues provide the perfect look for summer nails in one simple step, according to the company. Inspired by graffiti art, Shatter leaves behind a crackled, two-texture finish when painted over any dry OPI hue. Adding topcoat takes Shatter from matte to glossy in seconds.
More info: www.opi.com
Mojo CosmeticsHas Moxie
• Mojo Cosmetics are botanically formulated and the components are laser etched aircraft alloy. The Titan ($30) is Mojo’s refillable lipstick and concealer. The outer shell is heat/crush resistant, said the company.
More info: www.mojocosmetics.com
CoverGirl ReleasesAnniversary Compact
• Limited edition color cosmetics are a rising trend in personal care, generating brand buzz while driving sales at the register. CoverGirl is jumping aboard this novel trend with its new CoverGirl Clean limited edition press powder compacts ($6.99), available now at grocery and drugstores until supplies last, and at Walmart in June.
To celebrate the brand’s golden anniversary, the SKUs are adorned with African-inspired prints. Through CoverGirl’s partnership with Children’s Safe Drinking Water, each limited edition Clean compact purchased provides a week’s worth of clean drinking water for a child in Africa, for a donation of up to $50,000, according to the company.
The CoverGirl Limited Edition Clean Compact products are available in Sensitive, Normal, and Oil Control Africa-inspired prints, including Cheetah, Zebra and Snake Skin.
More info: www.covergirl.com
Yankee CandleCelebrates America
• The Yankee Candle Company has rolled out a new limited edition Patriotic Candle Collection. Offerings include God Bless America (cooked apples, cinnamon, and brown sugar), Let Freedom Ring (cedar and redwood softened by wild petals and vanilla), Stars and Stripes (cinnamon and baking spices) and America the Beautiful, a triple layer tumbler candle featuring macIntosh, vanilla cupcake and blueberry scone. Each retails for $25.99.
More info: www.yankeecandle.com
Acai Body Care Formulationsat Nature’s Gate
• Nature’s Gate has added three newantioxidant-infused acai products to its Classics Body Care lineup. Acai Body Care—body wash, liquid soap and body lotion—features nourishing, antioxidant-rich berries, nut oils and butters that defend skin against drying, damaging conditions while restoring moisture and softness. Acai extract and oil deliver a dose of antioxidants, while cupuacu butter softens skin.
More info: www.natures-gate.com
Salon Grafix TurnsUp the Heat
• Salon Grafix has added new 450 Maximum Heat Protect Spray ($7.99), which the company says is the first 450° thermal protection spray in the industry. The formulation includes a unique and patented polymer that delivers excellent hold and conditioning effects to hair. It significantly minimizes damage caused by hot irons that can reach up to 400-450°F, according to the company.
More info: www.salongrafix.com
Hydrolyte Moisture Infusion Facial New at Murad Spa
• Murad’s new Hydrolyte MoistureInfusion Facial is a signature spa service that is said to provide an intense burst of hydration and vital nutrients. Formulated with new Osmolyte Technology and hyaluronic filling spheres to plump and firm skin, the Hydrolyte Moisture Infusion Facial doubles skin hydration for up to eight hours while diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, according to the company.
Osmolyte Technology is a proprietary formulation exclusive to the Murad brand that consists of three separate compounds working together to increase hydration. Osmolytes, yeast amino acids and trehalose blend together to optimize water balance, helping ward off dehydration that results in a supple, hydrated complexion.
More info: www.MuradSpa.com
New SpectaSan HungryEnzymes CleanersAre DfE Approved
• Biotech Medical, Inc. has introduced all natural cleaning products called SpectraSan Hungry Enzymes. The range includes a Pet Stain & Odor Eraser, Spa & Whirlpool Cleaner, Mold & Mildew Stain Cleaner, No-Rinse Floor Cleaner, All-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser, Glass & Stainless Steel Cleaner and a Medical Instrument Spray and Medical Enzyme Detergent. SpectraSan "Hungry Enzyme" cleaners have been granted the DfE seal of approval by the EPA.
More info: www.spectrasan.com
DNA Damage ControlSun Protection Range
• PhotoMedex’s new DNA Damage Control is billed as a line of treatment sunscreens that feature advanced photoprotection with DNA repair technology. Formulated by and marketed under the company’s Neova brand, DNA Damage Control sunscreens have patent-pending formulas that use liposomes to deliver DNA repair enzymes to the cellular level of the skin, hyper-targeting the site of the DNA injury.
In clinical studies, DNA repair enzymes were shown to reduce DNA damage by 45% and increase UV protection by 300%in just one hour, according to the company.
The range includes DNA Damage Control Everyday SPF 43, DNA Damage Control Active SPF 45, and DNA Damage Control Sheer.
More info: www.NextDerm.com
Say ‘I Do’ to ColorWith Essie Collection
• A wedding is the ultimate reflection of the bride—so why hide behind the ordinary? The Bridal 2011 Collection from Essie was created for those who want to show off their personality as much as their ring, according to the company. The Essie Bridal Collection ($8/each) mixes the classics with the current trends and is comprised of three elegantly soft and neutral shades and one true red.
With shades like Borrowed and Blue, a pale pastel; First Dance, a provocative red; Better Together, a perfect sheer; and the newest nude, Made to Honor, there’s something for everyone in this new range.
More info: www.essie.com