The three associations have amended the program to include the following, which become effective Jan. 1, 2012:
- Additional detail on fragrances will be provided, such as a link to the International Fragrance Association list or company-specific list of fragrance ingredients.
- Preservative ingredients will be listed using one of five accepted naming systems.
- Dyes and colorants will be listed by the trade name or chemical-specific name using one of the five accepted naming systems.
- If a company chooses to provide ingredient information on a website or through a toll-free phone number, the website or number must be listed on the product label.
- The CSPA Dictionary is included as an additional option for naming ingredients.