Reckitt Patents Detergent Composition
• US Patent No. 7,973,002 B2; Reckitt Benckiser, Hoofddorp, The Netherlands, has patented a composition comprising phthalimidoperhexanoic acid (PAP), wherein the PAP has a particle size of 0.01 to 100μm and a particle size distribution wherein 50% by volume of the particles have a particle size of less than 10μm.
Laundry StainPretreatment Sheet
• US Patent No. 7,973,003 B2; Dirty Laundry, LLC, Cleveland, OH, has patented a laundry stain and soil pretreatment sheet comprising a water soluble or water dispersible carrier layer, a removable separator layer and a layer of cleaning agent composition between said carrier layer and said separator layer. The cleaning agent composition is at least 50% (by weight)surfactant, and prior to use, the separator layer adheres to the composition layer by the stickiness of the composition layer. The separator layer is peelable and releasable from the composition layer prior to application of the sheet to a stained or soiled fabric.
Boston Cosmetics Patents Nanoscopic Hair Care Products
• US Patent No 7,968,084 BS; Boston Cosmetics LLC, Cambridge, MA, has patented a method of treating hair. It entails applying a hair treatment preparation to an individual’s hair. The preparation is comprised of liquid and a payload in an intimate relationship to a polymeric nano-structure, the polymeric nanostructure capable of being reactive to hair, or capable of being immobilized onto or in the hair; the polymeric nanostructure and the payload not being attached to the hair. Then applying an agent to the individual’s hair; the agent comprising at least one of a polymer and an ionic species, the agent interacting with the polymeric nanostructure such that the payload and nanostructure are attached to the hair under non-oxidizing conditions. The payload and nanostructure are not capable of detachment from the hair by water rinsing.
• US Patent 7,956,024 B2; Gustavo M. Gonzalez, Pembroke Pines, FL, has been awarded a patent for a shake-to-clean composition that is a stable liquid-solid, two-phase cleaning composition including abrasive grains of inorganic salt in crystalline form suitable for removing organic deposits from interior surfaces of a substrate. The cleaning composition is comprised of a water miscible solvent; an inorganic salt selected from the group consisting of sodium chloride, sodium bromide, magnesium bromide, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, potassium bromide and zinc chloride, and water. The inorganic salt is present in an amount of at least 20% of the total composition by weight, with at least some of the salt existing in crystalline form at 20°C, to about 70% of the total composition by weight in crystalline form at 20°C. The ratio of water miscible solvent:water is in the range of 9:1 to 2:1.
Kao Corp. PatentsTwo-Part Hair Dye
• US Patent No. 7,955,400 B2; Kao Corporation, Tokyo, has patented a two-part hair dye composition. The first part is comprised of an alkali agent and the second part is comprised of hydrogen peroxide. There is a non-aerosol type foamer container for discharging a liquid mixture of the first part and the second part as a foam, wherein the liquid mixture comprises the following components (A) to (D): (A) 0.1 to 5% by mass of an alkyl sulfate or a polyoxyalkylene alkyl sulfate; (B) 0.1 to 10% by mass of an alkyl polyglucoside; (C) 0.01 to 3% by mass of a dimethyldiallyl ammonium chloride-acrylamide copolymer or a dimethyldiallyl ammonium chloride-acrylamide-acrylic acid copolymer; and (D) 0.01 to 0.8% by mass of a higher alcohol.
|Hair Care Patents Awarded to L’Oréal