Takasago Appoints Technical,Marketing and Sensory Executives
• Takasago Americas: added four experienced flavor professionals to its staff. John Zanone was appointed as senior flavorist, oral care flavors. He began his career at Noville as an analytical chemist, advancing from perfumer to director, R&D to senior flavorist, oral care, during his 31-year association with the company.
Slavica Pesic-Klajn was named senior beverage technologist. Her work at Signature Design Spirits focused on the development of customized spirits. Prior to that, she was with Flavormatic Industries, where she was manager for flavor application, and held positions at Unilever and NAVIP where she was involved in research and development and product development.
Michael J. Paul is the new senior marketing coordinator, a recently created position. His responsibilities include assisting Takasago with public relations, media and advertising and sponsorships of special events and trade shows.
Shweta Kumari joined Takasago as flavor sensory analyst. Before joining the company, she was a research assistant at Mississippi State University.
• The Personal Care Products Council (The Council): named Halyna Breslawec, Ph.D., as chief scientist, replacing John Bailey, Ph.D., who officially retired after nine years of service. In her new role, Breslawec will oversee The Council’s scientific programs, technical committees and publications and will serve as the industry’s scientific liaison for several domestic and international organizations.
Breslawec worked at the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for more than 14 years in numerous leadership roles directing the review and approval of medical devices at both the office and division levels.
She currently serves as deputy director for the Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR) andis responsible for planningactivities while serving as liaison. She earned a Ph.D. in pharmacognosy and a B.S. in biochemistry from the University of Minnesota.
• A. M. Todd: appointed Leann Du-Higashi as principal scientist; oral care, gum and confectionery. She has extensive experience in the flavor industry and spent the past 10 years as technical director and flavor development manager at Perfetti Van Melle Group in Kalamazoo, MI and Shanghai, China. Du-Higashi is responsible for conducting research as well as providing sales support for A. M. Todd’s mint and flavor products. Her activities will have a focus on Asian markets.
• Innovacos Corp: announced the following appointments, Alain Thibodeau, vice president, scientific affairs; Marisol Bello, sales manager, Northeast; and Tony Ansaldi, director, US operations.
• Gattefossé USA: added Andrea Guerrero and Lauren DelDotto to its US team.
Guerrero joined Gattefossé USA as account manager for the personal care division. She has several years of experience in the personal care industry, specializing in the sales of specialty ingredients with companies such as Resources of Nature, Grant Industries and Lucas Meyer.
DelDotto was appointed marketing support manager for the personal care division. She joins the company with seven years of experience in the personal care industry and previously held the position of marketing manager at TRI-K Industries.
• Dow Performance Materials: named Carlos Silva Lopes as strategic marketing director for the business, which includes ANGUS Chemical Company and Acima Specialty Chemicals.
In this role, he will lead all global marketing activities for a number of diverse markets. He has been with the company since 1990, and most recently served as global marketing director for Dow Fabric & Surface Care.
Dow Home & Personal Care named Lionel Genix global marketing director for the Dow Personal Care and Fabric & Surface Care businesses within the portfolio.
Genixhas experience with Procter & Gamble, Rohm and Haas and L’Oréal.
• CPL Aromas: appointed Sebastian Gabriel as senior perfumer. He joined the Creative Perfumery team at CPL’s UK Creative Centre, Barrington Hall, in the UK. Having worked at Symrise and most recently Henkel, Gabriel has developed experience in a wide variety of household applications including laundry detergent fragrances, according to the company.