Hair Straightener Treatment Containing Sugar Lactone
• US Patent No. 7,988,954 B2; Conopco, Inc. Englewood Cliffs, NJ, has patented a method of straightening hair. It entails applying an aqueous hair treatment made of beeswax, gluconolactone, sodium lauryl ether sulphate (EO), cocamidopropyl betaine, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, ethylene glycol distearate and silicone polymer.
Hair Conditioner PatentedBy KPSS-Kao
• US Patent No. 7,988,955 B2; KPSS-Kao Professional Salon Services, Darmstadt, Germany, has patented a hair conditioning composition. It contains at least one hair conditioning compound; at least one direct dyestuff selected from cationic, anionic, neutral and natural plant direct dyes; at least one chelating agent selected from the group consisting of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid salts and mixtures thereof; and benzotriazolyl dodecyl p-cresol. The composition has a pH between 2-4.5. It is an emulsion comprising at least one fatty alcohol and at least one emulsifier.
Deodorant Manufacturing Method
• US Patent No. 7,968,083 B2; The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China has patented a method of manufacturing a deodorant. It comprises the following steps: forming polymer particles by reacting a main monomer of (N-substituted alkyl) acrylamide, a functional monomer for bonding the polymer particles to a fibrous substrate, a cross-linking agent, and an initiator and loading a deodorant agent to the polymer particles. The polymer particles have a lower critical solution temperature and the polymer particles are formed at a temperature above the lower critical solution temperature. The deodorant agent is selected from the group consisting of C18:1 dioic acid, C18:2 dioic acid, and phenyl compounds. The cross-linking agent is selected from the group consisting of 2-(diethyl-amino)ethyl acrylate, 2-(dimethylamino) ethyl acrylate, 2-(dimethylamino)ethyl methacrylate, 2-(diethylamino)ethyl meth-acrylate, and N,N′-methylenebisacryl- amide (BisAAm). The main monomer is present at an amount of 80-90% by weight of the polymer particles. The functional monomer is present at an amount of 5-15% by weight of the polymer particles. The cross-linking agent is present at an amount of 1-10% by weight of the polymer particles.
Natura PatentsMultiphase Cosmetic
• US Patent No. 7,988,981 B2; Natura Cosmeticos S.A., São Paulo, has patented a multilayer cosmetic composition that contains at least one oily phase and at least one aqueous phase characterized in that it comprises a polyol. The oily phase comprises a mixture of at least one mineral oil and at least one vegetable oil. The aqueous phase comprises a water-soluble salt. The composition does not include a surfactant.
The polyol is used at a concentration ranging from 25-50% by weight, based on the total weight of the composition.
Wearable Insect Repellent
• US 7,988,984 B2; Energy Related Devices, Inc., Los Alamos, NM, has patented wearable arthropod sting reduction apparatus. It is comprised of a chemical system with a gaseous molecular delivery system and a chemical or chemicals that attract, repel or interfere with insect behavior. It is also comprised of a container having a permeable layer to contain and release chemical gaseous molecules of those chemicals by diffusion through the permeable layer. The chemicals are comprised of a component that changes chemical state with temperature and acts to moderate the chemical gaseous molecules diffusion rate or vapor pressure. The apparatus has a surface comprised of indicia having a configuration colored and shaped to simulate an eye and eye perimeter tissue. The chemical system is coupled to the surface such that diffusion of the chemical gaseous molecules through the permeable layer is associated with the indicia at a location that enables the indicia to further simulate infrared emissions of a warm blooded animal.
• US Patent No. 7,989,413 B2; J. Michael Ogden, Cincinnati, OH, and Arthur V. Shannon, III, Hopewell, NJ, have patented a method of treating fabric in a clothes dryer. It entails applying a nonionic liquid fabric treatment composition with at least one active ingredient to a nonwoven substrate, with the liquid fabric treatment composition being at ambient temperature when applied; placing damp clothing into the interior of the clothes dryer; placing the substrate into the clothes dryer, the liquid fabric treatment composition applied to the substrate being in liquid form when the substrate is placed into the interior of the clothes dryer; tumbling the damp clothing and the substratein the clothes dryer with the damp clothing and the substrate not enclosed together within a bag or other container, and transferring an effective amount of theactive ingredient from the substrate evenly throughout the damp clothing during the course of the drying cycle.