Kaku To Keynote NYSCC’s Technology Transfer Event
• The New York Chapter of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SCC) will host its Technology Transfer course on Nov. 7 at Renaissance Woodbridge HotelIselin. This third annual conference will bring the leaders in technology transfer together with the cosmetic industry—as well as a special keynote speaker, Dr. Michio Kaku.
Dr. Kaku, a so-called “popularizer of science,” has been featured in documentaries and hosted many of his own. He’s the co-founder of string field theory and continues Einstein’s search to unite the four fundamental forces of nature into one unified theory.
The one-day course will begin with registration and continental breakfast at 8am. Dr. Kaku will present his lecture at 4pm, and a book signing will be held from 5-5:30pm.
More info: Lara Ahad, LAhad@morretec.com
SCC Annual Dues Deadline Approaches
• Dues renewals for 2013 have been mailed to all members by the Society of Cosmetic Chemists. According to SCC, new for this year, payments received after Dec. 31, 2012 will be charged a $25 late fee. The dues can be paid online at the SCC’s website. The last day to make an online payment for 2013 dues will be Jan. 4, 2013.
More info: www.scconline.org
2012 Scientific Seminar Podium Papers To Be Submitted Online
• The Committee on Scientific Affairs has issued the call for papers for podium presentations for the 2013 Annual Scientific Seminar at the Union Station Marriott, St. Louis, MO. Details and necessary forms—including a new submission method that was not ready at the initial call—are on the society’s website. SCC is requesting that all abstracts be submitted online.
Call for Manuscripts for SCC Journal
• The Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SCC) is soliciting scientific manuscripts concerned with cosmetics or the sciences underlying cosmetics, as well as papers of interest to the cosmetic industry for publication in the Journal of Cosmetic Science, its official journal.
The journal will consider manuscripts for publication in the following categories, providing they are prepared in proper scientific style and adequately referenced:
- Original articles;
- Review articles;
- Technical notes;
- General articles;
- Preliminary communications; and
- Letters to the editor.
More info: www.scconline.org
|Jon Huntsman To Keynote New US/China Cosmetic Regulatory Symposium
• Jon Huntsman, former US ambassador to China, will keynote the first US/China Cosmetic Regulatory Symposium, which will be held May 16, 2013 at the Renaissance Hotel in Woodbridge, NJ. Hosted by the NYSCC, this symposium comes after the close of the NYSCC’s Suppliers’ Day in nearby Edison. In addition to Huntsman, a full program of experts, many from the Chinese government or academia, will provide an invaluable experience for anyone doing business in China, according to NYSCC.