• The Private Label Manufacturers Association (PLMA) announced that more than two-dozen retail chains and wholesalers from across the country were selected as the winners of this year’s Salute to Excellence Awards. The awards give recognition for new store brands products that exemplify the high quality, innovation and value to consumers that continue to drive private label sales and market shares to record highs.
- Baby: The Kroger Co. Kroger Baby Gentle Sunscreen Lotion;
- Bath & Body: Delhaize America Healthy Accents Green Tea Mint Cleansing Hand Wash;
- Cosmetics & Beauty Care: Sephora & Pantone Universe Color of the Year Eyeshadow Quad (at right);
- Laundry & Cleaning: Save-A-Lot Save-A-Lot Today Soap Scum Remover;
- OTC & Healthcare: Wakefern ShopRite Menthol Strawberry Eucalyptus Cough Drops; and
- Personal Care & Toiletries: Costco Wholesale Kirkland Signature Moist Flushable Wipes;
The criteria for the judging included product concept; product taste, texture and smell (for food items); packaging and presentation; and value for money, according to PLMA.
All of the winning products will be featured during PLMA’s 2012 Private Label Trade Show in Chicago with a special Salute to Excellence Awards showcase located within PLMA’s Idea Supermarket, and also promoted online following the show at www.plmawinners.com.
More info: www.plmawinners.com