Breaking News

Avon CEO To Detail Turnaround Plan

February 19, 2013

All eyes on Sheri McCoy when she addresses analysts this week.

After results that beat Wall Street estimates, Avon CEO Sheri McCoy will do her best to wow analysts this week at the CAGNY conference that is set for Thursday. Specifically, McCoy will have to explain her plans to improve Avon's inadequate technology platform as well as detail a program to boost representatives' income.


Last week, Avon reported a bit of good news as fourth quarter sales fell 1% to $3 billion, but increased 1% in constant dollars. Total units grew 2% and price/mix decreased 1% during the quarter. Active Representatives were up 1%. Ten months into her job as CEO, McCoy and finance chief Kimberly Ross, have taken early steps to cut costs, stanch an exodus of representatives in top markets like Brazil and Russia, and start talks with U.S. officials to settle a costly overseas bribery probe.


Those efforts have been rewarded as the company's stock has climbed from a low of $13.70 in November to close at $20.65 on Friday.




blog comments powered by Disqus
  • Kitchen Counter Cosmetics

    Kitchen Counter Cosmetics

    Christine Esposito, Associate Editor||May 2, 2016
    LOLI box marks the convergence of natural and organic ingredients, subscription service and DIY cosmetic chemistry.

  • What’s New at La Prairie?

    What’s New at La Prairie?

    Melissa Meisel, Associate Editor||April 25, 2016
    VP of marketing shares the latest buzz with Happi.

  • Mapping Out Multicultural Beauty

    Mapping Out Multicultural Beauty

    April 25, 2016
    Agnieszka Saintemarie of Kline Group about current trends and challenges in multicultural beauty.

  • Erasing the Signs of Aging

    Pauline Rouaud-Tinguely, David Boudier, Sylvain Mazalrey, Jenny Laumonier, Isabelle Cruz, Gu00e9raldine Bon, Karine Perrinet, Bu00e9ranger Tassy, Brigitte Closs, Silab R&D, Saint-Viance, France||May 2, 2016
    Silab researchers explain how by acting on the endogenous hyaluronic acid pathway.

  • I Want It All

    I Want It All

    Melissa Meisel , Associate Editor||May 2, 2016
    Skin care moves beyond the basics with pampering formulations with unique components and novel functions.

  • Wacker Builds on Its Success

    Wacker Builds on Its Success

    Tom Branna, Editorial Director ||May 2, 2016
    The silicone maker had a good 2015 and expects the gains to continue in 2016, driven, in part, by success in the Americas and