Summer may be at its tail end, but that doesn’t mean personal care consumers can’t still enjoy the following easy, breezy beauty pointers throughout the month of September and beyond. Here’s some insight from leading cosmetic and skin care companies.
After formulating the Miracle Skin Transformerskin care line, founder, Sarah McNamara knows a thing or two about beauty. Below are her Labor Day Weekend beauty tipsfor looking gorgeous in the heat as you celebrate with friends and family.
• Since body heat amplifies fragrance, choose a perfume with cool citrus, aquatic, or floral notes.
• Give your hair a break from blowouts and embrace your hair’s natural texture! Opt for a casual braid, ponytail, or bun.
• Streamline your skincare routine and showcase your natural beauty. No one wants to layer on products in the heat. Opt for a lightweight tinted skin enhancer, such as Miracle Skin Transformer SPF 20 to hydrate, prime, mattify, visibly enhanceand protect your skin.
And on to the makeup...
We may not be wearing white on or after Labor Day, but this means we can give white one last hurrah through our Labor Day makeup. Take your last chance with white, with these tips from celebrity make-up artist and CEO of Starlooks, Marci Star.
1. Start with a white based nude eye, using Starlooks "Milky Way" Infinity Pot Liner as a long-wear eyeshadow base. Apply all over eye lid to the brow. This creates a nice silky, shiny sheen under your eyeshadow for an amazing summer glow. http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/infinity-eyeliner-pot
2. Next, build the perfect nude eye with Starlooks Shadows: "Real White" on the lid, "Lacey Number" under the brow on the highlight of the brow bone, and "Peachy Sheen" in the crease. http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/single-shadow-compact
3. Now, create an awesome stark black eyeliner line on the top lid with the fantastically pigmented "Precision Eye Pen" and also, line the bottom inside waterline and outside bottom lashes with "Obsidian" Kohl Eye Pencil, and soften with a "Small Precision" pencil brush for the perfect smokey addition!
Eye Pen: http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/single-shadow-compact
Kohl Liner: http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/kohl-eye-pencil
Pencil Brush: http://starlooks.com/collections/brushes/products/featured-eye-shadow-brushes
4. With a light white eye like this, make sure to add a little color to the cheeks and lips. If you prefer to stay Patriotic, red is the perfect complimentary tone. Use a Starlooks light rouge blush in the color "Rose" and a light, sheer gloss in the color "Saucy!"
Lip Gloss: http://starlooks.com/collections/lips/products/lip-gloss
Stay tuned to Happi.com for New York Fashion Week coverage starting next week for the next trends around the bend for 2014!