Arbonne has established the its own Scientific Advisory Board comprised of leading professionals in science, medicine, health, wellness and nutrition.
According to the company, the board supports the vision and voice of Arbonne by providing additional insight on the development, implementation and assessment of both products and informational content for our customers, company and community. The Advisory Board members, who lend their expertise and knowledge directly into the research and development process, include:
• Christopher Zachary, M.D., (chair). Zachary is professor and chair of the Department of Dermatology at University of California, Irvine. Zachary specializes in skin cancer and reconstructive surgery, aesthetic medicine and laser surgery. Zachary is an academic dermatologist, an educator and author of several books, chapters and many other publications, and has won several prestigious awards. He graduated from Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine in the UK and is certified by the Royal College of Physicians in Internal Medicine and Dermatology, and by the Mohs College. His research interests include designing and testing new laser, light and energy-based systems. Zachary is head of the Arbonne Scientific Advisory Board.
• Michael S. Kaminer, M.D. Michael Kaminer is managing partner at SkinCare Physicians in Boston, Mass., and is an associate clinical professor of dermatology at Yale School of Medicine. Kaminer specializes in facial sculpting, non-invasive treatment of aging, hair transplantation and more. He is the team dermatologist for the Boston Celtics. Kaminer is the author of over 100 articles and book chapters and has appeared on local, network and national television as an expert in cosmetic surgery. He is an Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society Graduate of the Tufts University School of Medicine.
• Howard I. Maibach, M.D. Howard Maibach is a dermatologist at the Dermatology Clinic at the University of California at San Francisco. Maibach's specialties include contact and occupational dermatitis and he is an expert in dermatotoxicology, or the skin exposure toxicity. Maibach has been on the editorial board of more than 30 scientific journals and is a member of 19 professional societies. He graduated from Tulane University School of Medicine and is certified in dermatology.
• Laura Fortner, M.D. Laura Fortner is an obstetrician/gynecologist and Arbonne Independent Consultant, National Vice President in Navarre, Ohio. Fortner has been practicing medicine for 17 years and is currently a Fellow of the American Medical Society of ObGyns. She received her medical degree from University of Toledo Medical School and is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology.
• Brent Bauer, M.D. Brent Bauer is director of the Department of Internal Medicine's Complementary and Integrative Medicine Program at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. He is also a professor of medicine at Mayo Medical School, where he has been on staff for 21 years. Bauer is the medical editor-in-chief of the Mayo Clinic Book of Alternative Medicine. He is also a member of Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society; the American Federation for Medical Research; the North Central Cancer Treatment Group and other professional organizations. He earned his medical degree at Mayo Medical School and is board certified in internal medicine.
• Nora Zorich, M.D., Ph.D Nora Zorich is an independent pharmaceutical, OTC drugs and dietary supplement consultant, following her retirement from Proctor & Gamble, where she was vice president of research and development. Zorich's expertise includes women's health, nutrition, metabolism and biochemistry. She also has leadership experience in regulatory affairs, global clinical development, statistics, microbiology, human safety, global post-market surveillance and biotechnology. Zorich earned her M.D. and Ph.D. from the University of Illinois and is a licensed physician in Ohio.
• Janellen Smith, M.D. Janellen Smith is a professor of dermatology at the University of California, Irvine. Smith specializes in melanoma, skin cancer, contact dermatitis and complex medical dermatology. She is also well known for her clinical and teaching skills. Smith is also currently the program chair for the Pacific Dermatologic Association and will take over as president in 2014. She attended medical school at the University of Iowa and was trained in dermatology at the University of Michigan. Smith is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and board certified by the American Board of Dermatology. Smith's past research includes melanoma and stem cell biology.
Arbonne Forms Scientific Advisory Board
Published September 17, 2013
blog comments powered by Disqus