The 2014 Product of the Year roster is out—with winners chosen by 40,000 consumers through a survey conducted by market research group TNS.
"With so many new products flooding the marketplace each year, an advocate who can distinguish those that feature truly superior innovation is more important than ever before," said Mike Nolan, Global CEO of Product of the Year. "Chosen directly by 40,000 consumers through a survey conducted by TNS, the goal of the Product of the Year award is to help consumers make informed decisions, while also encouraging brands to consistently push boundaries in order to be recognized."
TNS covers 23 categories in total. Here are the winners in household and personal care:
• Female Personal Cleansing: Dial Coconut Water
• Dishwasher Pacs: Sunlight Lemon Oxi Complex Single Dose Power Pacs
• Dishwasher Soap: Finish Quantum Power & Free
• Household Cleaning: Resolve Max Power Gel
• Kid's Body Care: Dial Kids Body + Hair Wash
• Laundry: Woolite Everyday
• Liquid Soap: Le Savonnier Marseillais All-Purpose Soap
• Men's Antiperspirant & Deodorant: Right Guard Xtreme Fresh
• Pet Care: Adams Flea & Tick Home Spray
This year's winners will once again be showcased on the cover of Parade Magazine in its February 23 issue, highlighting the innovations that make these products unique.
According to TNS, winning brands have found that the award and its red seal can increase sales by as much as 10-15%.