Fruity rhubarb, cool mint and the re-appearance of fresh tea notes are among Seven Scent’s top picks for next year’s Spring/Summer fragrance collections. In the latest edition of Seven’s bi-annual Fragrance Trends Report, the Spring/Summer 2015 season is tipped to feature a number of fresh ingredients and modern interpretations of popular notes:
· Rhubarb: bringing a fresh, green, lightly tart and red berry note, rhubarb blends with fruity and floral aromas to create a subtle sharpness.
· Mint: adding a cool, green note and a hint of spice, the addition of mint gives scents a natural lift.
· Tea: offering a variety of delicate aromas, a renewed focus on tea delivers a fresh and aromatic character.
“Our global research highlights some interesting directions for the lighter fragrances of spring and summer 2015. In particular, we see an emerging trend for rhubarb, an evolving appreciation of different tea blend aromas, as well as a feminine take on refreshing mint notes,” comments Miri Scott, fragrance insight manager at Seven Scent.
The findings of the report form the basis for the introduction of four new fragrance concepts from Seven - each created to reflect the strongest trends for the coming season.
· Artisan Botanical: inspired by nature, sophisticated vintage floral aromas combine with fresh, green notes to create a lush, elegant and carefree character.
· Tribal Anthropology: bold and vibrant, this heady fragrance blends woody, spicy and earthy notes to evoke travel to distant places.
· Sculptural Oceanography: fresh sea breezes mix with salty waves to create a fluid scent with nuances of white tea and cool ozone, resting on submerged driftwood, musk and sea moss.
· Neo Architecture: a daring construction with precise design at its heart, this fragrance is built around a strong amber base and wrapped in a beautiful combination of sensual musks and dry spices.