Breaking News

Coty Invests In Younique

January 10, 2017

Will buy over half of direct sales beauty business.

In efforts to bulk up its color cosmetics portfolio, Coty Inc. has entered into a partnership with the founders of Younique, a leading online peer-to-peer social selling platform in beauty. Under the proposed agreement, Coty intends to acquire 60% of Younique while the founders will own the remaining 40%. Younique’s founder and current CEO Derek Maxfield, and Chief Visionary Officer Melanie Huscroft, will continue to lead the business in the new partnership.
 
Younique was started in 2012 in the US by siblings Derek Maxfield and Huscroft, with a mission to “uplift, empower and validate” women across the globe. Younique’s innovative makeup and skin care products are sold through its disruptive peer-to-peer e-commerce system. It has approximately 200,000 active presenters and over 4.1 million consumers in 10 countries, including the US, U.K., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Mexico, France, Spain and Hong Kong. Younique expects to generate approximately $400 million in net revenues in 2016.
 
The transaction is expected to close during Coty’s 2017 fiscal third quarter.
 
 
  • Fit for Fitness

    Fit for Fitness

    Christine Esposito, Associate Editor||February 21, 2017
    Kinx Active is a new brand targeting women who want beauty products that can stand up to their fitness routines.

  • Cargo Says Aloha To Spring/Summer

    Cargo Says Aloha To Spring/Summer

    Christine Esposito, Associate Editor||February 13, 2017
    Cargo Cosmetics has rolled out its new Spring/Summer collection with Hawiianan singer Anuhea.

  • Cashing In on Coconuts

    Cashing In on Coconuts

    Melissa Meisel, Associate Editor||February 6, 2017
    Organic to Green is making waves for its new oils and eco-friendly packaging.

  • Trade Association Directory 2017

    February 2, 2017
    Contact details of trade associations that serve various segments of our industry and are mentioned frequently in Happi.

  • What the Halal  Is Going On?

    What the Halal Is Going On?

    Imogen Matthews , In-Cosmetics||February 2, 2017
    Demand for these beauty products is surging thanks to a fastgrowing Muslim population.

  • Relief for Sensitive Scalps

    Relief for Sensitive Scalps

    Guadalupe Pellon and Annette Mehling , BASF||February 2, 2017
    BASF researchers detail the attributes of the company’s highly effective hair care system focusing on scalp sensitivity.