Though we did see a lot of straight hair on the fall runway, let’s not forget the curl!Curls are as hip and happening as ever. Be it loose curls, wispy tendrils or natural waves; curls are here to stay. Many clients have come in asking for the "drop perm."The top of the hair remains straight and loose, soft curls begin around the ear or slightly lower. Use a diffuser or scrunch and air dry for a curlier look. Blow-dry with a smaller, round brush to create soft waves.
In regard to fall color, highlights to accentuate your natural color, but not necessarily change it is huge.Clients want that subtle pop.Additionally, with the economy turning around, clients want to get back into the chair for color.Yet, they are still looking for low-maintenance color that lasts longer, doesn’t take as much time and is still light on the wallet.
For those keeping with the straighter trend, the Keratin Express treatment is extremely popular this time of year.The result is soft, bouncy, frizz-fee hair that takes only 20 minutes longer than a regular blowout.
At-Home Products A Girl Should Have This Fall
- A great round brush is essential.All of the stylists at Timothy John’s Salon use the Olivia Garden Pro Thermal Line.No girl should be without one.
- Products with luxury ingredients such as cashmere, diamond dust and crushed pearls.These products create a multi-dimensional shimmer, adding depth and richness to color while conditioning and protecting the hair.
- A great finishing product.We love S Factor Creamy Molding Wax which is lightweight and water soluble and adds great texture and definition to the season’s fall hair.
Never Leave Home Without These...
- An amazing hairspray. Vivacious by S Factor gives great hold without being sticky or leaving hair hard, smells awesome and comes in a travel size.
- Clear lipgloss or lip balm isn’t only for lips.Rub a bit in the palm of your hand to flatten fly-aways instantly.
About the Author
Timothy John, a native of Wisconsin, has been immersed in the hair scene for the past 15 years not only in his Manhattan salon, but on movie sets including a recent film with Robert DiNiro.On any given day you may even find your favorite Broadway star in his chair.His personalized approach and progressive style gives clients and fellow artists a fresh perspective on hair design.
More info: www.timothyjohnsalon.com