Pearlized 2-in-1 Conditioning Shampoo
Published September 1, 2007
|Carbopol Aqua SF-1 Polymer (Acrylates copolymer) (30%) (Noveon)||5.00|
|Sulfochem ALS Surfactant (Ammonium lauryl sulfate (Noveon ) (30%)||40.00|
|Sulfochem EA-3 Surfactant (Ammonium laureth sulfate) (3 mole, 28%) (Noveon)||20.00|
|Sodium Hydroxide (18%)||0.80|
|Chemonic SI-7 Surfactant (PEG-7 glyceryl soyate)||4.00|
|Monateric CLV (Uniqema) (Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate) (50%)||4.00|
|Dow Corning 2-8194 Silicone Microemulsion (Dow Corning)) (Amodimethicone (and) trideceth-12 (and) cetrimonium chloride)||3.00|
|Cloisonne Sparkle Gold Mica (Engelhard) Mica (and) titanium dioxide (and) iron oxides)||0.20|
|Energy Booster Fragrance #165007 ((Bell Flavors & Fragrances)||0.50|
|Citric acid (50%)||1.20|
|Stepanate AXS (Ammonium xylene sulfonate) (Stepan)||2.50|
|Germaben II (ISP) (Diazolidinyl urea, porpylene glycol, methylparaben, propylparaben)||1.00|
| 1. Combine phase A: add Carbopol Aqua SF-1 Polymer to deionized water. Add Sulfochem ALS Surfactant and Sulfochem EA-3 Surfactant with gentle mixing. |
2. Neutralize to pH 6.5 with sodium hydroxide.
3. Add phase B ingredients to the batch in order, while mixing: Stepanate AXS Chemomonic SI-7 Surfactant, Monateric CLV and Dow Corning 2-8194 microemulsion.
4. Combine phase C in a separate vessel. Mix well and add to batch while mixing.
5. Add preservative with fragrance.
6. Adjust pH with citric acid to 5.0.
This conditioning shampoo demonstrate the pearlescent enhancement, stunning appearance and suspending propoerties provided by Carbopol Aqua SF-1 Polymer in a formula with high surfactant levels at low pH.
Noveon 9911 Brecksville Rd. Cleveland, OH 44141-3247
Tel: 800-379-5389; Fax: 216-447-5250
blog comments powered by Disqus