The Associate Marketing Manager – Color Care will be responsible for supporting the regional marketing aspects of BASF's Marketing group for North America sold into the color cosmetics market. Success is measured by demonstrating profit growth of segments of responsibility. Must be a team player with a passion for the personal care industry. Must possess the ability to interface closely with the external market, customers, consultants, industry associations, etc and internal functions, such as the marketing team, product group management, sales, manufacturing, new business development, customer service, supply chain, controlling, etc.
• identifying, managing and responding to market's un-met needs (products, concepts, solutions) in coordination with Technology and R&D
• support the development and implementation of industry strategies and Key Strategic Measures from the SBU for the relevant industries
• identifying growth opportunities for products and increased market share in established and new market segments and customer groups
• assisting in the development and execution of new product launches based on business plans, understanding positioning and value pricing for products of responsibility and for the specific industries
• marketing support for innovation process
• tracking and monitoring of the personal care market with respect to competition, market dynamics, technology developments (benchmarking) and consumer trends
• developing and implementing models and initiatives to optimize and grow BASF’s Marketing product portfolio and concepts
• providing regular reports and feedback on performance of products, promos, and programs • monitoring and adjusting value pricing for products of responsibility
1. Coordinates various business activities with the sales and technical teams, customers, distributors, suppliers & BASF affiliates worldwide.
2. Analyzes market data, call reports, competitive activities, public information and market studies to identify areas to improve sales and profitability.
3. Provide marketing support for North American customers and the sales organization including distribution.
4. Be the main point of internal contact for customer projects with responsibility for filling project charters, acting as liaison between various internal functions, and ensuring customers needs are met while aligning with overall business goals.
5. Identify potentials for new marketing concepts and products and coordinate the roll-out including training and presentations.
6. Ensure compliance with all BASF policies and government regulations.
REQUIREMENTS: - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
• BS degree, preferably in Marketing or Science
• MBA preferred
• 2-5 years of experience in sales/marketing; Consumer Goods background a plus.
• Technical knowledge within the industry a plus.
• Approximate travel 20%
• Excellent communication skills
Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, leadership, organizational and communication skills are required. The candidate must be capable of working in a multi-tasking environment, be team-oriented and be able to handle difficult situations and solve problems effectively.
Above average computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially Powerpoint, Excel, Word, and Lotus Notes.