Job Description Summary:
Working with internal and external resources, the Brand/Product Manager will use their strong branding and project management skills in developing and managing the Jo Mousselli Cosmetics brand portfolio of skincare and color cosmetics. The Brand manager will develop and execute strategic, financial and marketing plans for the brand portfolio. The areas of responsibility will include partnering with Product Development, Supply Chain and contract formulators/vendors on an innovation pipeline, partnering with Education and Sales to meet customer needs, assessment and recommendations on pricing, developing key marketing and promotional programs and performance analytics.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
· Identify new product trends and product portfolio opportunities.
· Identify products that need to be reformulated or discontinued.
· Identify innovation through active research of new technologies, active ingredients, and product formulae. Identify and develop productive partnerships with cosmetic formulators/raw ingredient suppliers and review findings with Jo Mousselli.
· Manage manufacturing process to ensure products are developed according to established and agreed upon formula specifications and terms.
· Manage project priorities and timelines to ensure launches are kept on target.
· Write product PDRs for review with Jo Mousselli. PDR includes product performance summary, key ingredients, proposed claims, proposed testing schedules, product sample and bulk requests and formula COG and MSRP objectives.
· Lead and attend briefing sessions with cross-functional team members on product PDR reviews, timelines and launch plans.
· Write and/or provide technical product info for Marketing literature, packaging copy, training and sales materials.
· Work closely with Regulatory and Legal teams to ensure compliance of product formula, packaging and claims for existing and emerging new markets.
· Work closely with packaging suppliers to help develop new packaging options.
· Evaluate new formula submissions, provide feedback and re-directs; present final lab submissions to Jo Mousselli for final approval.
· Coordinate and manage product testing needs; ensure timetables and sample requirements are met for stability, compatibility, RIPT, no-tear, etc. and OTC to ensure on time product launch.
· Work with outside R&D labs to develop cosmetic product prototypes for formula and esthetic review.
· Create content and implement product related surveys for internal panel testing feedback.
· Collaborate with Quality Control team to establish standards for Quality Assurance.
· Develop and implement tools for Product Knowledge, and collaborate cross functionally with all internal teams.
Compensation & Benefits: