Formulation Chemist - Personal Care
Nexeo Solutions is a leading supplier of raw materials to the personal care market, we have a wide range of chemicals and thermoplastic products, along with dedicated technical sales support, to meet your formulation and regulatory needs. For the latest in personal care materials, you can count on our solid line of products from world-class suppliers
Nexeo Solutions is currently seeking a Formulation Chemist – Personal Care with experience in laboratory project management, implementation of laboratory procedures, and formulation development and testing methodologies. The Formulation Chemist will be a key contributor to the advancement of Nexeo’s value added services to our customers and suppliers.
The ideally qualified candidate will:
• Manage customer projects, product development and application testing for a wide range of performance materials including hair care, skin care and fragrances for the personal care market.
• Formulate from concept to finish; independent formulations
• Understand each ingredient function and its use
• Generate prototypes for Sales and Marketing activities
• Define key performance indicators (i.e., compatibility, shine, color deposition, foam quality, etc) for new products and identify benchmarks against which to evaluate performance. Identify and develop, where necessary, methods to evaluate technical performance. Use statistical tools when necessary to monitor key product parameters.
• Draft initial formulation for each new product. Keep the product cost and manufacturing feasibility in mind throughout the development process.
• Conduct technical testing to evaluate product performance, including:
— Product aesthetics (viscosity, color, etc.)
— Product stability
— Product/package compatibility testing
• Advise both company and customers of any potential safety and regulatory issues associated with the formulation or production of a new product idea. Research current government and industry regulations and keep them in mind throughout the development process.
• Conduct patent searches when necessary to both aid in development and avoid property infringement.
• Communicate with Product Managers and Market Managers to stay updated on new raw materials and innovative products.
• Maintain weekly contact with Sales & Marketing to keep them updated on project progress
Desired Skills and Expertise
• B.S. in chemistry or related science
• Strong knowledge base within chemistry and formulation principle in skin care and hair care
• Strong knowledge base and understanding in cGMP and GLP
• 3+ yrs experience as a R&D formulator in personal or beauty care industry
• Work experience consisting of new formulations, reverse engineering and minor reformulation.
• Computer literacy: MS-Office (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, Power Point).
blog comments powered by Disqus