Technical Sales Representative – Pigments Special Applications
Clariant is a publicly-traded, Swiss-based global leader in the field of specialty chemicals. Strong business relationships, commitment to outstanding service and a wide-range of application know-how, make Clariant a preferred partner for its customers around the world. The company, which is represented on five continents with over 100 group companies, employs around 22,000 people.
Clariant is seeking a Technical Sales Representative – Pigments Special Applications. The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for the technical sales representation, promotion and sale of Clariant pigments and dyes principally for the detergents, household cleaners, stationery, agriculture, adhesives, decorative films and arts and crafts industries. The Technical Sales Representative will maintain good relationships with established customers while developing new prospects in order to achieve set targets. Key account and key industry coordination are required as the Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for several strategic projects involving multiple customers. The Technical Sales Representative will prepare call reports, enter customer forecast demand and budgets, and handle customer issues and complaints.
• Develop and maintain strong customer relations through personal visits and other means
• Determine and analyze customer needs and offer Clariant products to fulfill them
• Make phone calls and presentations to customers and potential customers
• Scout and develop new customers and new opportunities
• Expedite the resolution of customer problems/complaints
• Evaluate performance results
• Interface with internal groups to ensure that customers are satisfied and have one primary contact
• Provide management with accurate forecasts and reports as needed
• Record information on competitive products, applications, markets, competitive activities, etc.
• Develop, implement, and coordinate customer and industry specific growth projects
• Willingness and ability to travel up to 80% primarily in the northeast, but also throughout North America
Desired Skills and Expertise:
• Bachelor’s degree in a Science discipline preferred
• Minimum of 3-5 years or more sales experience in the area of colorants and their applications to detergents and cleaners, stationery, plastics and/or specialty markets
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office and Outlook
• Capable of working independently from a home office as well as in a team environment
• Strong communication and problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and closely with customers
• Self-motivated and results driven personality
blog comments powered by Disqus