WHO IS MODERE?
BRAND – CO. – INDUSTRY
At Modere, we exist to create beautiful, healthy homes, and vibrant lifestyles. Everything we do is focused on offering premium everyday essentials products that are supported by world-class customer experiences. What makes our company a great place to work: employees, culture, and leadership.
The team we are putting together is purpose built to transform a company and launch a whole new brand that will change the way the world views social media, networking, and retail. No one has ever done what we’re doing right now. This is an opportunity to take a risk, seize something new, and do something that very few people are able to say they’ve done before.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
Our company headquarters is located along the beautiful Wasatch Front mountain range, and is a short drive from many of the world-class destinations Utah has to offer including:
Arches National Park
Zion National Park
Bryce Canyon National Park
Downtown Salt Lake City
Our employees also love to take advantage of many destinations that are just around the corner including:
While Utah is famously known for its “Best Snow on Earth” as well as one-of-a-kind desert rock creations, narrow canyons, and endless hiking trails, locals have also built up a rich cultural backdrop that will give you something new to experience every weekend.
Our Formulations Chemists are part of a dynamic and creative product development team in the creation of effective and innovative products. This position will play a key role in developing and maintaining a broad range of household products for an exciting new brand, as part of a completely different kind of company.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL DO:
• Formulate amazing laundry and home care products for domestic and international markets.
• Work with an interdisciplinary team to develop products on time and within budget.
• Has a really strong understanding of household products and ingredients. Seriously…you know a lot.
• Ensure that all required testing is conducted on formulas including stability, preservative efficacy, biodegradability, performance testing, etc.
• Experience and knowledge of “green chemistry” to help us build effective and environmentally-friendly products
• Participate in pilot and first production batches and write detailed batching procedures to ensure batch reproducibility.
• Resolve formulation and manufacturing issues for new and existing products.
• Work with Product team to identify consumer needs and target new and innovative product ideas. Creativity, innovation…you know all the words.
• Stay abreast of new technology and market trends.
• Work with Marketing and Regulatory to define key performance indicators and claims for new products and identify benchmarks against which to evaluate performance.
• Answer technical questions from market staff and consumers…because seriously…you know a lot of stuff about household products.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE:
Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology or a related discipline is required. 3+ years of experience developing household cleaning and laundry product formulations is preferred. You also have to be able to work well in a team environment. We all pull together to make awesome stuff.