Rodan + Fields® Dermatologists is a direct selling skincare company founded by Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields, world-renowned dermatologists and creators of Proactiv® Solution. Rodan + Fields specializes in marketing clinically-proven skincare products with a unique business model that empowers people to become their own bosses and potentially earn substantial incomes with their growing organizations.
Rodan + Fields is seeking a Technical Regulatory Manager with a science background and a strong understanding of global regulations concerning cosmetic and OTC drug skincare formula clearance, ingredient functionality and acceptability, raw material sourcing and qualification.
The Technical Regulatory Manager will be responsible for assisting, supporting and maintaining procedures in the Regulatory Affairs department to ensure global compliance of Rodan + Fields products.
The Technical Regulatory Manager will report to the Director of Regulatory Affairs.
· Reviews and approves conformity of ingredients, formulas and product profiles for adherence to US Federal, state and international regulations.
· Establishes and maintains regulatory data for all ingredients and raw materials based on industry guidelines and restrictions.
· Works with contract manufacturers on approval of product quantitative formulations, INCI Ingredient Lists.
· Stays current with US FDA, California Prop 65, and global ingredient regulations.
· Creates, distributes, files, and maintains Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for finished products and ingredients/raw materials.
· Provides support in answering customer inquiries that arise through RF Connection and sales support with regulatory implications.
· Assists in the registration of OTC drug products, California CSCP and VOC reporting, FDA VCRP and any other US or global registration requirements.
· Maintains regulatory paper and electronic files in accordance with Quality/GMP regulations.
· 7+ years of US and Global Regulatory Affairs experience in cosmetics, fragrance, vitamin supplements and over-the-counter drug regulations
· Bachelor’s degree in related scientific discipline
· Cosmetic/Skincare Product Formulation knowledge
· Understanding of California Prop 65, Green Chemistry and CSCP requirements
· Experience in solving complex regulatory issues
· Experience working with internal cross-functional teams and outside contract manufacturers
· Good time management and ability to work under pressure
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to anticipate needs, innovate, multi-task and excel in a fast paced environment
· Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint presentation creation and good knowledge of IT systems.