Croda is seeking a Marketing Manager - Communications to join our Marketing Team, based in Edison, NJ. This person will manage Croda’s marketing communications program in North America by developing the overall strategy; creating, executing and managing communication campaigns and programs; supervising and participating in the creation of content development; monitoring the program to determine program effectiveness and making modifications as necessary.
Integrated Marketing Communications
• Develop Croda’s North American marketing communications strategy, which will be designed to enhance Croda’s image and position within the marketplace. Review and modify as necessary to address changing business conditions and emerging Communications trends.
• Create and manage marketing communication campaigns to leverage Croda’s various brands and corporate brand identity within the marketplace in association with marketing managers and other key personnel.
• Develop and oversee Communications marketing budget to support Croda marcomm plans and strategies with the Marketing team.
• Direct the execution of all marketing communication programs and engagement tools including, but not limited to, publications, website, social media, and e- marketing.
• Research trends within communications and evolve program to remain abreast of market leading communication programs.
• Oversee and participate in the creation of marketing communication materials, including but not limited to advertisements, brochures, press releases, e-mailers, e-seminars, technical articles, and videos, to assist Croda in the promotion of its relevant business areas, key technologies and corporate messages in all relevant marketing channels.
• Advise marketing managers and other key personnel on the development of new/revised promotional collateral and coordinate production with relevant design agencies.
• Serve as the Croda key communications contact/media representative with pertinent industry/trade media. Coordinate media interest in Croda, ensuring regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media request including but not limited to soliciting media for placements, submitting press releases, organizing press events, updating and revising press kit, submitting directory listings.
• Support and expand robust e-marketing program including but not limited to these elements: e-seminars, e-mailers, web content management, social media marketing, search engine marketing and video production.
• Create innovative promotional programs for both print media and e-marketing media in support of market sector plans.
• Oversee the coordination and organization of relevant marketing communications activities for Croda’s presence at trade shows, hotel seminars and any other customer-centered promotions or events.
• Supervise marketing communications staff: coordinate work assignments, review and approve draft promotional materials, and ensure timely delivery of projects.
• Prioritize work projects for marketing team, balancing projects amongst marketing communications staff to ensure projects are delivered as agreed, and resolving conflicts where required.
• Coaching and mentoring professional development of team members.
Perform all duties within the company’s safety, health and environmental regulations. All other duties as assigned by management.
Required Skills, Experience and Education
Must have at least 7-10 year's of experience in marketing communications, public relations or related field, with 3-5 years in the chemical industry, preferred. BA/BS Degree in communications or related field. Should be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as knowledgeable about Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design and web design software, such as Dreamweaver. 25% travel required. Ability to travel by car and plane and lift 30 pounds.