Since 2003, Radical Cosmetics has been a leading provider of color cosmetics and skin care contract manufacturing, development and packaging solutions. A family owned and operated company we take the time to get to know our customers and their specific needs. Radical Cosmetics is located in Lake Worth, FL.
Personal Care Chemist
Responsibilities may include:
- Formulate and facilitate development of innovative cosmetics products, product
- Provide updates on R&D progress and insights. Be involved in project team decisions.
- Create and maintain all of the necessary documentation in order to develop and commercialize the products (i.e. lab notebooks, specifications, technical test methods/data, etc.).
- Conduct testing for all products developed (efficacy, stability, etc.)
- Must be able to follow Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Must be hands-on in the laboratory and have experience with the operation of basic lab equipment
- Develop and maintain SOPs
- Work with production to help transition the formulations to full scale manufacturing, including support during plant trials or start of production.
- Support current brand business, including maintaining current products in market.
- Identify solutions for manufacturing issues, qualify alternate source raw materials for purchasing, and identify ways to reduce product costs
- Proactively research new concepts, materials and technical opportunities
- Ability to develop products from inception to market realization, not just modifications to an existing formula.
- Strong knowledge base within chemistry and principles of formulating emulsion and suspension products.
- Working knowledge in physical testing and analytical methods
- Highly collaborative, driven and self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Problem solver with the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities in a fast paced, dynamic organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to convey a project’s thoughts, goals and objectives through presentation.
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative. Must be flexible, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Requires a detail oriented individual who can manage and organize data on numerous projects. Able to multi-task and problem solve.
- Requires computer proficiency (Word and Excel) and working knowledge of FDA regulations and cGMPs
Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline (cosmetic chemistry, chemistry, biological sciences or chemical engineering preferred), Masters also desired
Chemist: 5 years
Cosmetic formulation: 3+ years
Please click the "APPLY NOW!" button below to send your resume