A pre-conference seminar will focus on integrating green chemistry into cleaning products.
Conference topics and speakers will include:
• Smart R&D: R&D Capability Decisions Required to Compete in a Dynamic Global Consumer Product Market—Dr. Keith Grime, President, JKG Consulting LLC;
• Not Cleaning Up—Bill Schmitz, managing director, North American equity research cosmetics, household and personal care products analyst, Deutsche Bank Securities;
• Purex 3in1: Innovative and Sustainable Approach to Laundry Care—Mike Wong, Ph.D., VP-R&D Home and Laundry Care, Henkel;
• Product Development for Sustainable Innovation—Dr. Donald J. Versteeg, environmental toxicologist and risk assessor, Procter & Gamble;
• Surfactant Design for Changing Market Environments—Dennis Murphy, Ph.D., research associate, laundry & cleaning products, Stepan Company;
• Bringing Tomorrow to Today's Product Development Lab:Giant Steps in Innovation Productivity from Advanced High Throughput and Informatics Technology—John S. Senaldi, president and CEO, Freeslate, Inc.
• Quantitative Methods to Balance Human Health, Environmental Health, Product Performance, and Cost in the Design of Home Care Products—Martin H. Wolf, director, product sustainability & authenticity, Seventh Generation Inc.
• TSCA Reform: A Short Distance or Many Miles to Go?—Douglas Troutman, senior director, government affairs, American Cleaning Institute
• Regulatory Driven Reformulations: How to Create Value?—Nely Van Dieren, product manager fabric & household care, Genencor
• Green Chemistry Initiative and Updates—Maziar Movassaghi, acting director, department of toxic substances control, California Environmental Protection Agency;
• Opportunities for Greener Alternatives from a Formulator’s Perspective—Phil Sliva, senior research scientist, Amway, ACS/GCI Formulator’s Roundtable;
• Life Cycle Considerations in Specialty Cleaning Products—Sharon Cooperstein, environmental scientist, Green Seal;
• CleanGredients, An Alternatives Assessment Information Resource to Support Greener Formulation—Topher Buck, CleanGredients senior project manager, GreenBlue;
• Formulations Utilizing Materials for a Sustainable World—Molly Busby, Project Leader, Dow Chemical;
• New Hybrid Polymer Technologies—Dr. Klin Rodrigues, Scientist, Akzo Nobel;
• Going GreenER—Andy Kaziska, PhD, applications manager, home care, Croda
• Beyond 2X Liquid Laundry Detergents—Michael Coxey, Senior Marketing Manager, Cognis
More info: www.cleaningproductsconference.com