A pre-conference seminar will focus on integrating green chemistry into cleaning products.
The conference is co-chaired by Brian Sansoni, VP-communication and membership, American Cleaning Institute and Dr. Keith Grime, president, JKG Consulting, LLC.
Conference topics and speakers will include:
• Smart R&D: R&D Capability Decisions Required to Compete in a Dynamic Global Consumer Product Market—Dr. Keith Grime, President, JKG Consulting LLC;
• Not Cleaning Up—Bill Schmitz, managing director, North American equity research cosmetics, household and personal care products analyst, Deutsche Bank Securities;
• Purex 3in1: Innovative and Sustainable Approach to Laundry Care—Mike Wong, Ph.D., VP-R&D Home and Laundry Care, Henkel;
• Product Development for Sustainable Innovation—Dr. Donald J. Versteeg, environmental toxicologist and risk assessor, Procter & Gamble;
• Surfactant Design for Changing Market Environments—Dennis Murphy, Ph.D., research associate, laundry & cleaning products, Stepan Company;
• Bringing Tomorrow to Today's Product Development Lab:Giant Steps in Innovation Productivity from Advanced High Throughput and Informatics Technology—John S. Senaldi, president and CEO, Freeslate, Inc.
• Quantitative Methods to Balance Human Health, Environmental Health, Product Performance, and Cost in the Design of Home Care Products—Martin H. Wolf, director, product sustainability & authenticity, Seventh Generation Inc.
• TSCA Reform: A Short Distance or Many Miles to Go?—Douglas Troutman, senior director, government affairs, American Cleaning Institute
• Regulatory Driven Reformulations: How to Create Value?—Nely Van Dieren, product manager fabric & household care, Genencor
• Green Chemistry Initiative and Updates—Maziar Movassaghi, acting director, department of toxic substances control, California Environmental Protection Agency;
• Opportunities for Greener Alternatives from a Formulator’s Perspective—Phil Sliva, senior research scientist, Amway, ACS/GCI Formulator’s Roundtable;
• Life Cycle Considerations in Specialty Cleaning Products—Sharon Cooperstein, environmental scientist, Green Seal;
• CleanGredients, An Alternatives Assessment Information Resource to Support Greener Formulation—Topher Buck, CleanGredients senior project manager, GreenBlue;
• Formulations Utilizing Materials for a Sustainable World—Molly Busby, Project Leader, Dow Chemical;
• New Hybrid Polymer Technologies—Dr. Klin Rodrigues, Scientist, Akzo Nobel;
• Going GreenER—Andy Kaziska, PhD, applications manager, home care, Croda
• Beyond 2X Liquid Laundry Detergents—Michael Coxey, Senior Marketing Manager, Cognis
Protein Based Cleaning Solutions are Technically and Commercially Feasible and Deliver Outstanding Performance—Ulf Baus, New Business Development Performance Chemicals, BASF
More info: www.cleaningproductsconference.com