It may have been 100 degrees outside in Manhattan, but soaring temperatures (and even an out of service elevator at one event) didn’t stop NYC’s bustling beauty public relations firms from showcasing the latest ready-to-gift launches from leading names such as L’Oréal, Ralph Lauren, Deborah Lippmann and Sonia Kashuk.
“This season, ready-to-gift travel kits will be ideal for the every day because of their portability,” said Karen Grant, vice president and global beauty industry analyst, The NPD Group, in an interview with Happi. “People want to maintain their looks on the go.” Color cosmetic palettes, a “really important driver” of the eyeshadow category, will also be big for 2013, she added, as well as nail lacquer sets that are “packaged really well.”
Here’s a look at some upcoming Holiday 2013 specialty SKUs and sets:
• Caudalie Small Harvests Hand & Nail Cream Trio ($28) is touted as the ideal stocking stuffer. Each of these limited edition hand and nail creams are designed to nourish and soothe the skin, while protecting it against aging. Inspired by the vineyards, the creams are available in three unique scents: Blackcurrant Leaf (merlot), Grapevine Honey (Cabernet) and Pink Grapefruit (Sauvignon) at US.Caudalie.com & NYC Caudalie boutiques.
• Shoppers can give the gift of a head-to-toe beauty regimen with the Elemis Head-to-Toe Heroes Gift Set ($216) of face and body hero SKUs. The set includes Frangipani Monoi Body Oil, Papaya Enzyme Peel, Pro- Collagen Marine Cream, Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser and Skin Nourishing Milk Bath via TimeToSpa.com
• L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail Magic Top Coats ($6.99), available for individual purchase at drugstores beginning in October until supplies last, provide a customizable nail look by changing the finish of any shade with one swipe. Matte Velvet creates a dull, matte finish; True Diamond leaves a magnificent shimmery finish; Sparklicious leaves a confetti-style glitter effect; Holographic leaves a 3D iridescent finish; Shift Me adds a soft pink pearlescence; and True Gold leaves a layer of gold glitter.
• There is much to celebrate during the holiday season—including the 15th anniversary of Ralph Lauren Romance, the iconic eau de parfum that has been ranked among the top 15 women’s fragrances since its launch in 1998. In honor of this milestone, Ralph Lauren introduces the Limited Edition 15th Anniversary Romance Bottle ($95). It is adorned with a crystal-inspired cap (crystal marks the celebration of a 15-year anniversary) and is encased in a feminine keepsake box. The 150ml fragrance is available on RalphLauren.com and at select retailers in October. This month, the brand will roll out Polo Red ($76), inspired by Ralph Lauren’s car collection.
• Festive and fun, the new Deborah Lippmann Best of Both Worlds Mini Duets ($19) offer the ideal stocking stuffers. For Holiday 2013, Deborah Lippmann introduces five mini duet sets inspired by the cult-classic Happy Birthday, otherwise known as “party in a bottle.” Each bag is adorned with the custom glitter combination found in the polish. Each assortment includes two mini bottles of lacquer or treatment. For example, the Best of Both Worlds Rock & Roll Mini Duet includes minis of Fast Girls Base Coat and Addicted To Speed Top Coat. It will be available in October at www.deborahlippmann.com, Nordstrom, Barneys New York, Bloomingdale’s and Neiman Marcus.
• Iconic hairstylist Oribe introduces a new set for those who want to style on-the-go, available for a limited time this holiday season. Oribe’s Purse Size Travel Bag ($65) sprays make it easy to take your favorite products with you for effortless styling and touch-ups. Now, this collection comes with its own travel bag for trips where multiple looks are required. The Travel Bag includes Purse Size versions of the Dry Texturizing Spray, Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray, Superfine Hair Spray and Côte d’Azur Hair Refresher to help brave all the elements, even the sizzling summer heat seen that day. It will be sold at www.oribe.com and select salons and retailers nationwide.
• Ring in the holiday season in style with Sonia Kashuk’s new holiday collection, launching exclusively at Target. Inspired by antiques discovered at a French flea market that date back to 1800-1920, the famous makeup artist created a sophisticated assortment of gifts including luxe gold brushes, a timeless palette of neutral shadows and a matte red lipstick for instant holiday glamour. For example, the Eye on Neutral Matte/Shimmer – Highlight kit ($29.99) is a must-have palette of 24 neutral eye shadows in matte and shimmer textures. The sleek ivory compact fits easily into any party clutch.