To learn more about L22, scan the QR Code above.
The products will be on display at Happi’s Anti-Aging Conference & Tabletop Exhibition, Sept. 18-19, 2012 at the Hyatt Regency, New Brunswick, NJ.
More info: 480.545.7000; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Website: www.floratech.com
Centerchem Is Exclusive North American Distributor For Provital’s Aquaxtrem
Botanical moisturizer for long-lasting hydration from Centerchem.
• Moisturization is essential in skin care cosmetics. Aquaxtrem from Provital is its latest botanical moisturizer based on a new concept: it activates the skin’s own mechanism for long-lasting hydration, according to the company. Now, this ingredient is available from Centerchem, Inc., its exclusive North American distributor.
Unlike traditional moisturizers, Aquaxtrem works within the skin via PPAR activation. In vitro and in vivo tests showed an increase in production of barrier lipids, improvement of barrier function and stratum corneum cohesion resulting in reduction of water loss (TEWL).
More info: www.centerchem.com
BioCell Collagen Supplement Said To Turn Back the Clock
• BioCell Technology, LLC published its first human skin study of BioCell Collagen in the Journal of Clinical Interventions in Aging.
This study, which enrolled 26 women between the ages of 35 to 59, demonstrated the safety and significant efficacy of orally ingested BioCell Collagen in improving the visible signs of aging and dermal aging parameters measured with bioinstrumentation, according to the company.
Together with an earlier publication of the outcome of a human clinical trial in 80 subjects with joint discomfort, this study has solidified BioCell Collagen as a highly differentiated, holistic healthy aging dietary ingredient promoting both joint health and skin beauty from within.
This study investigated the effects of 1g daily ingestion of BioCell Collagen on several parameters relevant to aged appearance of the facial skin.
These parameters included dryness, wrinkles, lines and collagen content.
More info: www.biocelltechnology.com
Silicones Help Overcome Hair Care Challenges
• The Xiameter web-enabled business model from Dow Corning offers hair care formulators a wide selection of high-quality silicone products, the convenience of self-service functionality, reliable supply and transparent pricing, according to the company. A Dow Corning and Xiameter brand hair care selector guide is available to help customers find the products they need.
For example, when used in anhydrous hair serums, the new Xiameter PMX-1502 Fluid provides formulation flexibility and excellent luster and shine. In aqueous leave-in conditioner formulations, it provides improved frizz control and intensive conditioning.
More info: www.xiameter.com
CP Kelco Launches AquaMax
• CP Kelco, a leader in hydrocolloids, is launching a line of novel functional personal care ingredients based on a nature-based biopolymer originally discovered in fermented soybeans.
The AquaMax product line is CP Kelco’s entry into the functional skin care ingredient space and represents the company’s growing interest in offering highly differentiated ingredients for beauty and personal care applications.
Developed by BioLeaders Corporation of Daejeon, South Korea, AquaMax is produced by the fermentation of a proprietary strain of Bacillus subtilis.
“AquaMax HM and AquaMax LM offer novel extrinsic and intrinsic modes of action that can bring a number of highly beneficial effects to the skin,” explained Bruce W. Hein, global positioning manager, marketing at CP Kelco.
More info: www.cpkelco.com
BASF Embraces the Cool Freshness of Menthol
Menthol is making its way into more personal care products.
The worldwide demand of 25,000 to 30,000 metric tons per year already exceeds the available supply—and is constantly growing because more and more new products contain menthol. Therefore, BASF put the world’s largest production plant for nature-identical menthol into operation this summer. It has also now developed a new process based on the aroma chemical citral, which is already produced in BASF’s Verbund system.
“One of the key steps in the new process is called asymmetric hydrogenation,” explained BASF research scientist Dr. Rocco Paciello. “For this purpose we have developed a special, highly efficient catalyst system which ensures that mainly just a certain enantiomer is synthesized from the citral.”
More info: www.basf.com
Croda’s Solaveil Physical Shield Used In Bamse by CCS Sun Protection SKUs
Bamse by CCS features Solaveil UV actives.
• CCS Healthcare recently added some new sun protection products to its Bamse by CCS kids range by using Croda’s Solaveil award-winning technology. Developed using Solaveil UV actives from Croda, Bamse sunscreen products offer excellent broad-spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays as well as water resistance, according to the company. There are two sun protection products in the range and ingredients have been carefully selected to ensure they are mild and gentle for children’s sensitive skin while having minimal impact on the environment.
More info: www.solaveil.com
Evonik Thinks ‘New Directions, New Beauty’
• Under the theme “new directions, new beauty,” Evonik Personal Care recently presented innovative solutions and five new products across two categories: “Leave on” and “Rinse off.”
For leave-on products, Evonik recommends Tego Feel Green, all natural particles for a pleasant skin feel. Tegolon Eco10-10 consists of fully vegetable-based polyamide particles.
Rinse-off suggestions include Abil Me 45, the easy-to-use, multiple benefit silicone conditioning agent; Abil Soft AF 300, a high-performance aminopropyl dimethicone; and Tego Carbomer 750 HD, an easy-to-process cross-linked polyacrylic acid copolymer.
More info: www.evonik.com/personal-care
Ashland Specialty Ingredients Introduces Color Essentials
• Bolder colors, extreme wear resistance and enhanced sun protection–today’s consumers demand more than ever from color cosmetics. This creates new challenges for formulators and manufacturers seeking to enhance the look, feel and performance of foundations, mascara, lipstick and other cosmetic products that engage the senses.
As a result, Ashland Specialty Ingredients, a commercial unit of Ashland Inc, is launching the new “Color Essentials” technology and formulation-development program to better support development of premium cosmetic formulation concepts that break new ground in both form and function.
“From UV-protection and ease of use to wear resistance, a range of benefits are required to fulfill consumer expectations,” said Sarah Thiewes, global marketing launch leader, skin care and sun care, Ashland Specialty Ingredients.
“The Color Essentials program enables product formulators to effortlessly deliver products that offer these functionalities, as well as improved sensory benefits and deep, rich color,” she added.
As part of the program, Ashland’s global R&D network conducted extensive research and concept development to create 11 sample formulations as a starting point for creating innovative color cosmetic products for the latest consumer trends. Among the sample formulations is long-lasting waterproof mascara that delivers excellent wear resistance and protection from moisture through the use of Ashland’s Ganex polymer, according to the company.
Other formulations, such as a gold/plum eyeshadow and a shiny red lipstick, boast vibrant colors and a rich sensoryexperience with Ceraphyl esters. A foundation containing Ashland’s Escalol UV filters offers superb coverage while protecting skin from radiation.
More info: www.ashland.com