Bayer Plastics launched Fantasia, a portal that showcases the industry’s array of technologies for adding colors and special effects to engineering thermoplastics.
The portal includes an interactive gallery that simulates the use of each color and effect in a three-dimensional spoon design, executives said.
The site also includes a flash movie introducing Fantasia’s five technologies, a news section, a program fact sheet, frequently asked questions and contact information for customer inquiries.
“The website is designed to be an easy-to-use simulation tool that can help product designers find the color or effect that best meets their particular design requirements,” commented John Skabardonis of Bayer Plastics. “We will use the site to introduce new colors and effects as Fantasia’s palette continues to expand.”
Fantasia’s five technologies include the following:
• Aura, a proprietary color infusion technology that allows customers to apply color to finished products;
• Leda, a wide range of color effect options for engineering resins;
• Imagio, a range of high-quality coatings that include a variety of unique color effect options and that combine technologies from Bayer and PPG Industries Inc.;
• Faria film-insert molding technology, using Bayer’s Makrofol polycarbonate (PC) films, Bayfol PC/PBT films and Dureflex TPU films and
• Milenia, a range of colors for optical media.
Bayer Plastics Launches Special Effects Website
Published November 11, 2005
blog comments powered by Disqus