Cosmoprof North America, the premier finished product show for the North American beauty industry, will be held July 18-20 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
With the U.S. emerging from recession, show organizers expect the 2010 version of Cosmoprof North America to be bigger than ever. Last year’s show had more than 22,500 attendees and this year, more than 23,000 industry executives are expected to attend.
The number of booths is expected to exceed the 625 exhibitors who showcased their products and services in 2009. The exhibit floor is divided into four pavilions:
• Pavilion A: Cosmetics and Personal Care;
• Pavilion B: Packaging, Contract Manufacturing and Private Label;
• Pavilion C: Wellness and Spa; and
• Pavilion D: Professional Hair, Nails and Tools.
Thousands of beauty executives will flock to Las Vegas next month when Cosmoprof North America takes place in at the Mandalay Bay, July 18-20.
Exhibitors and attendees alike will be drawn by a strong conference program that will include:
• CEO Summit for the Professional Industry—Monday, July 19. In the midst of a turbulent economic climate and a hard-hitting recession, the beauty industry has found itself at a crossroad.Join Ann Mincey as she moderates a CEO forum to discuss the current state of the beauty industry.Panelists will include: John Heffner, chief executive officer, CND; Ron Krassin, president and chief operating officer,Zotos International; Pat Parenty, president, L’Oréal Professional division and Michael Riley, chief operating officer, Scruples.
• Private Label Marketing and Packaging: Finding the Mix that Maximizes ROI—Monday, July 19. This session is designed to help navigate the nearly limitless combinations of marketing and packaging options available to new or existing brands. Speakers include: Ian Ginsburg, pharmacist/proprietor, C.O. Bigelow; Andy Johnson, creative partner, United DSN; and Pam Busiek, president and co-owner, CBI Laboratories.
• Increasing Revenue with Social Networking—Tuesday, July 20. This session is designed to help attendeesincrease revenue by utilizing various aspects of social media and networking. Panelists will discuss what has and what has not proven effective in the past. The panel will include Maurice Flynn, social media and marketing sales expert/trainer, MarketingInnovationToday.com; Dan Lagani, president, Readers Digest Media; and Joshua Onysko, founder/chief executive officer, Pangea Organics. This session will be moderated by Romy Schorr, beauty blogger and lifestyle trends expert.
In addition, Cosmoprof North America includes several unique features such as the the Discover Beauty Program, which matches new companies with national and international retailers. Last year marked the first Discover Beauty Award winner, TouchBack by ColorMark, which catapulted the brand to a higher level of recognition and also gave them an added tool to keep their product in the spotlight. Other notable success stories were Booty Parlor, First Aid Beauty and Swissclinical USA, which successfully secured strategic partnerships and launched with many high-end national retailers and spas. All brands have stated that participation in Discover Beauty was well worth the investment, and that it has afforded them the opportunity to meet with high-profile decision makers, thus opening a door that would not otherwise be available to them.
More info: www.cosmoprofnorthamerica.com