It’s bright, versatile and coming to a cosmetics bag near you! Pantone, the global authority on color, selected Tangerine Tango (Pantone 17-1463) as the top hue in its Fashion Color Report Spring 2012. And as we know, retail influences the beauty marketplace.
“Consumers look to spring for renewed energy, optimism and the promise of a brighter day,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, New York. “They have learned how color can help them alter a mood, while providing the vitality and enthusiasm that enables them to experiment with new looks and color combinations.”
Provocative Tangerine Tango, an enticing, juicy orange, is a vivacious and appealing refresher to enliven anyone’s outlook this spring, according to Eiseman.
“If you thought Pantone 17-1463, Tangerine Tango, also known as bright orange, was big for Spring/Summer 2011 just wait until Spring 2012!” exclaimed Gail Sagal, makeup expert and owner of Faces Beautiful Salon, Westport, CT. “Tangerine Tango was all over the Spring runways and forecasters expect the orange trend to be huge.”
According to Segal, the best part about Tangerine Tango is that it is vivid, fun and mood enhancing. “Wait until you see how women accessorize using this fabulous shade of orange in their makeup colors, their hair, highlights, wardrobe and accessories,” she told Happi. “Whether it’s lipsticks, glosses, eyeshadows or blushes, women are going to want to wear oranges that are rich with red or gold undertone because it flatters their skin. Today’s woman is not afraid to make a statement and chooses to express herself confidently and in color,” she said.
Happi rounded up some orange beauty products by way of packaging or pigment, sure to add some punch this season. It was also reported that Sephora is drumming up a Pantone-branded, Tangerine Tango-hued color cosmetics collection for Spring 2012.
Here’s what’s hot right now by way of orange-nality:
For Spring 2012
The Pantone report features the top 10 colors for women’s fashion for spring 2012:
• Pantone 17-1463 Tangerine Tango
• Pantone 13-0759 Solar Power
• Pantone 18-3628 Bellflower
• Pantone 18-2140 Cabaret
• Pantone 19-3953 Sodalite Blue
• Pantone 14-0116 Margarita
• Pantone 14-2808 Sweet Lilac
• Pantone 14-5420 Cockatoo
• Pantone 18-1210 Driftwood
• Pantone 16-1120 Starfish
More info: www.pantone.com
• Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Balancing Toner ($12.50) rebalances skin tone and moisture levels with a pore-perfecting combination of aloe, cucumber and papaya extracts, which purifies and hydrates while targeting areas of hyperpigmentation. Plant-derived vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant and cell energizer, helps eliminate free radical damage caused by daily sun exposure to help fight the visible signs of photo-aging, according to the company. More info: www.avalonorganics.com
• Infused with natural clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun, Tarte’s nutrient-rich Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy ($25) benefits all skin types for a fade-free flawless finish for an amazing 12 hours as well as adding a healthy pop of color to cheeks. More info: www.tartecosmetics.com
• L’Occitane’s Fleur Chérie Scented Candle ($23) evokes the deliciously sweet and subtle scent of a lush bouquet of flowers. The candle is inspired from the Mediterranean where orange blossom water is used to create a nicely perfumed atmosphere at home, according to the company.
• Bigger is better with CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara ($8.95) in orange packaging. Spherical wax particles add volume and act as spacers to blast lashes into a perfect, plump fan. A dual-polymer system ensures that mascara is smudge- and smear-proof, yet easy to wash away at the end of the day. But the colors are classic black and brown. More info: www.covergirl.com
Tarte Amazonian Clay Brush
• New from OPI for Spring 2012 is A Roll in The Hague ($8.50), a sun-lit orange from its Holland Collection. All of OPI’s nail lacquers are “three free” and feature a professional brush. More info: www.opi.com
• Three Custom Color gets electric with its orange eyeshadow, Amped ($22.50). It’s a wet/dry formulation, ideal for when the weather gets warmer. More info:
L’Occitane’s Fleur Chérie Scented Candle
• Say yes to the new Yes To Carrots Leave-In Conditioner ($8.99). This shower essential delivers a mix of proteins and amino acids deep into the hair cuticle for some serious restructuring and rejuvenating benefits, according to the company. Its orange packing (tied in to carrots, natch) commands attention the shelf. More info: www.yestocarrots.com