On Nov. 7, 2011 the Latin American fragrance industry gathered to learn the winners of the Prize Atualidade Cosmética. The event brought together more than 600 industry executives and celebrities from Brazil and around the world. The winners included:
• Latin American Women Perfume (jury choice)—Thaty Princess, O Boticario, IFF
• Latin American Women Perfume (consumers’ choice)—Royalmadeira,Jequiti, Firmenich
• Latin American Men Perfumes (jury choice)—Duo Malbec Nebbiolo, O Boticário, IFF
• Latin American Men Perfumes (consumers´ choice)—Sr. N Cedro, Natura, Givaudan
• International Female Perfume (jury choice)—Essence Eau de Musc, Narciso Rodrigues/RR, Firmenich.
• International Female Perfume (consumers’ choice)—Gucci Guilty/RR Perfumes, Givaudan.
• International Male Perfume (jury choice)—Bang, Marc Jacobs/RR, IFF.
• International Male Perfume(consumers’ choice)—Gucci Guilty Pour Homme, Gucci/RR, Givaudan.
Sueli Ortega has written forIsto É and O Estado de São Paulo. Since 1987, she has served as a correspondent for Cosmetics International. In addition, she created the beauty channel for El Sitio, an Argentinean website and the Women Channel.