Last year's bash featured events in 18 countries and more than 4,500 events in the US. Now in its fourth year with special limited-edition products, celebrity appearances and even music performances, FNO 2012 promises to be even bigger and better than before, according to event organizers.
Here’s a taste of what’s on tap in NYC and beyond this year:
• Maybelline New York’s Fashion’s Night Out event is back and what used to be a nighttime event is now an all-day extravaganza.The Maybelline New York Makeover Truck will make stops in Time Square (10:30am to 1:30pm at Broadway & 46th Street) and Union Square (3:30pm to 6pm at Union Square West between 14th & 15th Streets).Meet Maybelline New York spokesmodels Jessica White and Lisalla Montenegro, receive free mini-makeovers and manicures by top Maybelline New York artists and enjoy a world premiere sneak peek at Maybelline New York’s new Fashion Print Stickers by Color Show ($3.99) and The Sequin Line by Color Show ($7.99). Available for the month of November, these special limited edition mini collections come in eight eye-catching, show-stopping color and design options.The fun continues at the Maybelline New York tent, open from 6pm until 11pm in the heart of the Meatpacking District at 14th Street and 9th Avenue. There, visitors will experience a sneak preview of Maybelline New York’s newest launch, The Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara; get a chance to meet Kara Laricks, the winner of NBC’s Fashion Starand more.
Azealia Banks' Yung Rapunxel lipstick.
• Revlon will celebrate its 80th anniversary, along with its Global Artistic Director Gucci Westman, at a special event during New York’s Fashion’s Night Out. Consumers can purchase tickets to the celebration, which will include custom makeovers inspired by looks from Revlon’s eight decades created by Westman’s New York Fashion Week backstage team, as well as the latest nail art manicures by celebrity nail expert Jin Soon Choi, a Revlon photo booth to capture the night, chic cocktails and more. This occasion ties in to the brand’s latest cosmetics debut, The Shanghai Collection by Gucci Westman for Revlon, Fall 2012. These product packs, along with tickets to Revlon’s 80th Anniversary Celebration during New York’s Fashion’s Night Out, go on sale today. All proceeds will be donated to the Personal Care Products Council Foundation to benefit Look Good Feel Better.
• Estée Lauder will host Make-up and Manicures with Tom Pecheux at Saks Fifth Avenue in New York.
A new collection from Makeup Forever
The company’s creative director will give tips on how to translate the fall runway trends from around the globe. Beauty advisors and makeup artists will be on site giving makeovers inspired by the fall trends, and manicurists will be on site giving polish changes with the new Pure Color Nail Lacquers inspired by Paris at night. Exclusive Estée Lauder “fade” manicures will be available to those who purchase a “perfect pair” of the Estée Lauder Nail Lacquers. Also, Aerin Beauty will be at Bergdorf Goodman in New York, where Aerin Lauder will make a personal appearance at Bergdorf Goodman to promote her new Aerin Beauty line.
• Straight from the 212 comes M·A·C’s collaboration with rapper Azealia Banks. Yung Rapunxel ($15)—a deep plum, cream lipstick with an amplified, semi-matte finish—is named after Banks’ alter ego and boasts a color as bold as its inspiration, according to the company. Celebrate the fierce signature style of one of music’s most provocative rising stars. In celebration of her limited edition lipstick with M·A·C, catch an exclusive performance by Azealia Banks at M·A·C’s Fashion’s Night Out from 7pm-10pm at the Soho store at 506 Broadway. Space is limited, so the performance will also air on M·A·C‘s Facebook page (facebook.com/maccosmetics) on Sept. 7 for a one-time only viewing at 1pm EST.
Maybelline's look for Fashion's Night Out..
• Celebrate a night of fun, fashion and color with Make Up For Ever. Visit one of its boutiques from 6pm-9pm in NYC; Dallas; Los Angeles; Costa Mesa, CA and Las Vegas; where consumers can design a custom eyeshadow palette ($59). Select from four favorite shades from its full range of more than 125 colors. Shoppers can also pick their favorite palette case. Purchase any product and receive a complementary Star Powder & Aqua Eyes tin filled with two mini liners and two mini loose shimmer powders in must-have shades for fall. Macaroons and champagne will be served all evening.
• Be sure to stop by Blow, “the New York blow dry bar,” for a special hair edition of Fashion’s Night Out. A talented team of blow stylists will offer complementary dry styling, and a free full size bottle of the just-releasedtime to shine 3-D illuminating mist. Get a sneak peek into the hot off the pressThe Blush App– your new go-to for must-have hair and beauty inspirations. The event will take place from 6-8pm at 342 West 14thSt.
• L'Occitane is whisking away fashionistas to the south of France this Fashion's Night Out with decadent cocktails and delicious ice cream flavors inspired by the finest Provençal ingredients. On the evening of Thursday, Sept. 6, guests who shop the L'Occitane flagship boutique in New York's Flatiron District will be treated to custom cocktails created by trendy Chelsea speakeasy Bathtub Gin. Outside of the L'Occitane flagship boutique at 170 5th Avenuefrom 6pm-11pm, the legendary Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream Truck will further enhance shoppers' sensorial experience. Throughout the night, consumers will be pampered with hand massages and receive exclusive special offers on L'Occitane's lush products. Customers will also receive a complimentary L'Occitane Maptote filled with L'Occitane favorites like Bonne Mere Soaps, Almond Shower Gel and Verbena Cooling Hand Cream Gel with any $65 purchase.
• If you can’t make to NYC for Fashion's Night Out, you can still score some glam perks from Mally Beauty. Beginning Sept. 6, stop by www.mallybeauty.com to receive 20% off a different product each day, for five days and feel like a fashionista no matter what city you live in!
• Join makeup artist Bobbi Brown and Leandra Medine, founder of The Man Repeller blog, for Fashion’s Night Out at the Bobbi Brown Cosmetics Pop-Up Shop in Grand Central Terminal. Bobbi Brown will be on hand greeting customers. Bobbi’s Beauty Team of makeup artists will be on hand providing complimentary makeup applications. Kick off your Fashion Week with an exclusive preview of Bobbi Brown Red Carpet Creamy Matte Lip Color ($24; otherwise available October 2012.) Only 500 will be released, adorned with a special Fashion’s Night Out insignia.