• Dassault Systèmes debuted a new industry solution for consumer packaged goods called Perfect Package. Based on Dassault Systèmes’ “3DExperience” platform, it helps integrate the highly fragmented package design process across the entire supply chain to enable winning package designs and faster time to market, the company said.
Brand manufacturers, design agencies, packaging suppliers and artwork studios collaborate to virtually create, visualize and validate innovative designs, allowing for rapid packaging iterations and decision making, according to Dassault.
Perfect Package also drives packaging reuse. Instead of redesigning new packages for every product initiative, CPG companies can repurpose and modify existing designs, saving time and increasing package sustainability and delivering more value through a desired consumer experience.
“In the world of fast moving consumer goods companies, some succeed, some fail, and some make an impact on society. This impact is mostly due to a perfect match between the actual product and the way it is delivered: the packaging,” said Monica Menghini, executive vice president, industry and marketing, Dassault Systèmes. “Packaging is a key component of any brand’s equity. It is, essentially, the first and most important advertising for that product. This is what inspired us to create Perfect Package.
Creating a perfect consumer experience requires more than just a nice design tool.”
More info: www.3ds.com
Siloa Launches New Standard Caps
• Siloa has launched new low profile metal-shelled caps for 20-410 and 24-410 neck finishes. Available with or without a weight, caps include a polypropylene inner and foam liner. Multiple finishing options are available. Caps are available on a selection of Siloa’s standard bottles.
More info: (908) 234-9040, ext. 100, or www.siloa.com
New Airless Syringe from SeaCliff Beauty
• SeaCliff Beauty Packaging & Laboratories introduced an airless component designed as a syringe to specifically target problematic areas on the face. The syringe has a silicone tip applicator as well as an overcap to protect the product when not in use and prevent contamination.
This unique dispensing component allows for precise application of the product as the user can control the dosage amount and because of its airless technology, almost 100% of the product can be evacuated. The silicone tip can be also used to massage the product over the targeted area without causing further stretching or touching of the skin.
“This component is a great solution for products that are aimed for delicate areas on the face,” said Vonda Simon, owner and CEO of SeaCliff Beauty Packaging & Laboratories. “It is also convenient for brands that offer spot treatments for blemishes, wrinkles or dark circles.”
The airless syringe component can be injection molded or custom color sprayed with decoration options of silkscreen, heat transfer or hot stamp; and is available in both 6.5ml and 15ml capacity.
More info: www.seacliffbeauty.com
M&H Packages Scandinavian Purity Products
• M&H has worked with Allison A/S, Denmark, on its range of hand wash products called Scandinavian Purity. Designed by Jacob Jensen, the brand is known worldwide for iconic design synonymous with Scandinavian simplicity, according to the company.
M&H worked in partnership with Allison to create an exclusive custom-molded handwash product contained in a soap dispenser, which was inspired by the Scandinavian lifestyle. The elegant soap dispenser is injection molded in two-parts containing a refillable blowmolded dispenser.
The collection comprises four 200ml variants: Black Rock, Crystal White, Grey Platin and Red Rosso.
More info: www.mhplastics.com
Sample Showcase Now at Cosmoprof
• A curated box featuring sample-sized beauty products delivered monthly to subscribers is one of today’s hottest trends, with many online retailers offering variations of this concept. Cosmoprof North America is the first trade exhibition to bring customized sampling to show attendees with “Beautique,” which will be unveiled at the show, which is July 14-16 in Las Vegas.
All attendees are invited to visit the one-stop beauty shop for deluxe-sized samples, including the latest in up-and-coming cosmetics, skin care, nails and hair, according to event organizers. Attendees will be able to handpick seven deluxe samples from 20 featured exhibiting brands for a nominal fee of $10. All proceeds collected will benefit City of Hope.
HCT Packaging will produce the customized sample box.
More info: www.cosmoprofnorthamerica.com