On June 18, ICMAD awarded the 2013 Cosmetic Innovator of the Year Awards (CITY) at an exclusive ceremony in Battery Gardens in New York City. Winners were selected by five renowned judges and experts from the beauty, design, and marketing industries—Ron Robinson, former cosmetics chemist and founder of BeautyStat.com; Maria Corbiscello, president of creative beauty concept firm Studio MC²; Jerome Bérard of Bérard Associates strategic thinking consultants; David Lyon, executive director at Syntex NYC; and Laura Kenney, editor in chief of YouBeauty.com.
Carol Hamilton, president of L’Oréal Luxury Products Division, delivered the keynote address.
The 2013 ICMAD Cosmetic Innovator of the Year award winners are:
- Product Color Cosmetic—ECRU Lifestyle Beauty/BeautyADDICTS ShowOFF Mascara
- Product Skincare Face—Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum
- Product Bath & Body—Your Body Scrubber/Daily Concepts
- Product Fragrance—Intertrade Europe Eight & Bob
- Product Haircare—Oribe Haircare Gold Lust
- Color Cosmetics—Blinc Ultrathin Eyeliner Pen
- Package Skincare Face—IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Color Correcting Cream with Stand & Brush
- Package Bath, Body and Haircare—Thymes Temple Tree Jasmine Body Lotion
- Package Fragrance—Intertrade Europe Eight & Bob
- Print—Cosmetic Insurance Services Not at the Time of Loss
- Social Media—NYX Cosmetics 2012 Face Award
- Grass Roots Marketing—The Elixery Dessa Lipstick
- Member’s Choice Product: Classic Cosmetics Jelly Eye Shadow
- Member’s Choice Package Design: Crafting Beauty Hayari Goldy.